Ex left me 5 months ago for younger girl after 8 years together. Any opinions?

Haven't been on here in a while. It's been 5 months since my ex left me basically for someone else. He immediately started seeing her like less than a month after he dumped me. ( found out about a month ago all the terrible details) we were together 8 years & I have known him for 15. I haven't seen or spoken to him since he broke it off. I'm not sure what I'm asking. The girl he left me for is much younger then both of us( were in our early 30s) and pretty. They've been together this entire time or most of it. He hangs out with all her friends now who are like 23..I am really trying to move on but I just feel so betrayed & never can get them out of my mind. I don't get how he can move on so quickly. I guess I can't call it a rebound... I feel like we never mattered.it just makes me feel like sh*t. I've started seeing a therapist. People keep saying I should start dating but I just don't want to. Don't feel ready at all. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel lost & empty. Any opinions would be great.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• well I know it's hard but don't concern yourself with him. your focus should be on you. It is a clear issue on his part and probably a rebound or some of relationship that is stroking his ego by being with a younger girl...but lets be honest it probably won't last right?

i've been in bad break-ups and situations where a girl moved on before me and I wondered how could this be? chances are that the person is trying to fill some hole in their life, trying to boost their self-esteem

for you, you should just be of the mindset "good riddance to old garbage". now isa time for you to re-connect with friends, family, and people who value you and love you and will remind of all the good that there is in life and around you. Indulge in your hobbies and try to relish your independence. I'm sure another guy will come along but now is a time to really take advantage of the time you have to focus on yourself. go on a vacation with some friends, try a new hobby, or if it floats your boat maybe find your own rebound for the time being. but I've often felt like when people are going through a tough break-up it is a time when a little bit of selfishness is warranted as it helps to re-establish feelings of one's own self worth

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE