What words stuck with you during a breakup?

Is there something that your SO or someone else said to you while you were in the middle of a break up that will always be engrained in your mind?

It could be something hurtful or something you realized was true about yourself or the situation.

One night I was out with friends after my boyfriend and I broke up and a guy I knew through mutual friends was hitting on me. I wasn't interested so I told him that my ex and I were trying to work things out and that I was going to see him in a few days, which was true.

I despise this person to this day but when I told him that he looked at me and said, "Notice that you are the one putting all the effort into it".

This happened about a year and a half ago and I still hear his voice in my head because he was right.

I went to see my ex a few days later and it was a disaster. Needless to say we didn't get back together.

Now when I notice that I'm the one making most of the effort in a relationship I know it's time to leave.

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• "youre a goof, you made your bed now you have to lay in it" this was over the phone, 3 months after the break up she phones me crying, wanting me back after finding out the guy she cheated with ended up being a loser, creep, saying she made a big mistake which I already knew because the guys a thief and just got out of jail was set to go back to court to be sent back to jail. he ended up stealing her car and thousands of dollars from her. I just told her what she told me over the phone. I just couldn't believe how stupid she was, pretty sure I told her that to. go for the bad boys girls that's what you'll get

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE