What a I missing here? Is there something I'm not catching onto?

I've gone out with a great guy a few times, and when we are together, he seems really into me, we have a lot in common, and we have a great time. Last time we met up, he had had a rough day and got off work late, but met me anyway for a drink. We made plans to go to an event in the city the following weekend, and at the end of the date, he walked me to the car and leaned in to give me a slow, long kiss. When I kissed back, he have me another one. He later text me to say I was a good kisser.

But what I don't understand is why I don't hear a thing from him in between dates. If I text him, I'll get a response, but it's not a long conversation before he stops texting. Sometimes he won't even respond to a text if it's not a question.

Is there some signal that I'm missing here? Should I ask him? Should I just leave it be and assume he doesn't want to talk during the week?

01