Is this wrong or not of my brother to do?

I stopped by my brother's house to see how he was doing. To my surprise my EX wife was there. He told me they were dating. I was shocked and pissed it's only be a year since the divorce and we have 2 young children together. He told me we aren't married any more so she is fair game. She said this won't change my relationship with our kids and that I was always be there father. I feel betrayed and hurt. What should I do?

45

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a little odd that your brother thinks your ex-wife is fair game. Was your brother ever interested in your wife when you two were together? Was your wife ever interested in him? In my family, siblings don't date other sibling's exes. It's kind of an unspoken rule, but it's a sane one.

It's pretty unusual and I can understand why it'd make you mad. It could even be considered inappropriate in the eyes of whomever decided custody. Maybe you should call the lawyer who handled your divorce and see if an 'unsuitable environment' could be a reason to ask for more custody.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE