Is this wrong or not of my brother to do?

I stopped by my brother's house to see how he was doing. To my surprise my EX wife was there. He told me they were dating. I was shocked and pissed it's only be a year since the divorce and we have 2 young children together. He told me we aren't married any more so she is fair game. She said this won't change my relationship with our kids and that I was always be there father. I feel betrayed and hurt. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a little odd that your brother thinks your ex-wife is fair game. Was your brother ever interested in your wife when you two were together? Was your wife ever interested in him? In my family, siblings don't date other sibling's exes. It's kind of an unspoken rule, but it's a sane one.

It's pretty unusual and I can understand why it'd make you mad. It could even be considered inappropriate in the eyes of whomever decided custody. Maybe you should call the lawyer who handled your divorce and see if an 'unsuitable environment' could be a reason to ask for more custody.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Well for a start your brother should know better,as I think that is wrong on so many levels and especially for the kids to see there mammy is dating there uncle,the best thing you can do is pretend its not bothering you and just focus on your children as they are the main priority

0|1
    0|0
  • People are getting selfish, either they are insensitive to be with the ex wife of his bro or be with attached person. If I were you, I would feel hurt snd angry. And would never talk to them again. I don't see it as fair game.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your brother is wrong in doing this. He's your children's uncle for heavens sake! This will cause so much hurt and confusing with the children. You need to beat the sh*t outta your bro!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• your brother, ex-wife or both pretty much went after the closest fish in the sea. lazy @$$hole.

and you don't seem that frustrated given the fact that this question is only a few lines long.

0|1
    0|0
    • I kept it short because most the time the readers on GAG don't want to read "novels" all the time.

• Wow... your own brother said that? That's not acceptable by my book!

0|1
    0|0
    • I ENDED UP KICKING HIS ASS AS WELL..GAVE ME SOME RELIEF

• I don't like violence but in these kind of cases... Good job!

• I wouldn't care, no matter how much it may hurt I would just move on. If they want each other I have no say over that. They lose my trust but I don't need to hold a grudge.

0|1
    0|0
  • your brother is way over the line on this one.

0|1
    0|0
  • That is really screwed up. Your brother and ex definitely crossed a line. I don't think I could ever have a relationship with my brother again if he did that to me. That line about your ex being fair game wouldn't fly if you were sleeping with one of his ex's. Nor would your ex be okay if you were dating her sister.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I think it's a d*** move myself...smh

Recommended myTakes