After ending a great relationship, are your standards higher for the next relationship?

After a great relationship (compatible, good sex, etc) ends, do you find yourself wanting something that will be as good as the last relationship or even better?

I met my EX today and we chat. He said it is difficult to get over what we had 2 years ago because he couldn't find something better.
  • Yes I have higher standards after experiencing great relationships
  • No, past doesn't affect my standards for the next relationship
  • See answer
    Vote C
  • Never had a great relationship
    Vote D

57

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say higher, but most definitely different. I wouldn't want to date an exact copy or upgraded version of my ex. In relationships (and out of relationships) we are constantly growing and the thing the things that interest us change all the time. The characteristics and traits we appreciate in people evolve too. My mental, emotional and physical standards may/will change, but I won't say that one is better than the other.

Just because my last girl drove a car doesn't mean that girls without cars are now excluded or if she was a manger that everyone below that level is now excluded. The thing about compatibility is that the material things shouldn't matter. As much as people have lists of criteria, you won't know if Someone is good for you until you sit down and get to know them.

If you ended things I can understand why your boy is having difficulties