Why my ex mentioned a random guy as my boyfriend?

Yesterday I was hanging out with three guys from class.

Later I got a message from my ex, he text me that:

"I saw you with your boyfriend today"

and sent me a big smile.

Actually,we didn't talk to each other for 3 months.

Those guys are just friends,dunno which one is my "bf",lol.

What is he thinking about and how should I reply him?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• He may have done that on purpose. Perhaps because he hadn't seen you for so long, he wanted to establish contact again. And by (pretending) to assume you were with a boyfriend (or maybe someone fed him some misinformation), he wants to know if you are currently in a relationship, because the obvious response you would give, might be "I don't have a boyfriend", or "that isn't my boyfriend".

So he could either not like the guy you chose, or he just wants to see what your relationship status is.

• Sounds like a smart move, maybe I should reply him"which one" ;P

But what my relathionship status matters to him? he is the one who don't wanna be in a relationship with me.Will my status makes him relief or happy?

• I doubt that,I am a student and he is a surgeon ,we don't share our social circle.And those guys,most of the times we only talk at class.That is why I said he name a RANDOM guy.

• How was I supposed to know what you meant by random guy? That's not really random to me.

Thanks for the best answer.