How do I get over someone who still likes me?

Several months ago in an English class I took, I got to know a really interesting dude - he was especially great because I never had to explain my jokes to him, even if he wasn't the greatest-looking.

After being friends for somewhere around a month, we kissed, and the next day he explained to me that he really liked me. But he had second confession - that he had a girlfriend. It was a steady thing; they'd been together for over a year.

I told him that I understood, and though I thought it was a bit disrespectful of him not to tell her that he'd cheated, I didn't object to his decision to stop seeing me. When I went home that day, though, I realized how much I was hurting. I cried for a good three hours (something I've never done over a dude before).

A week ago, I ran into him on campus. I'd spent the course of the last six months hoping that the next time I saw him, he'd be single, so I was really excited and started talking to him. He offered to walk me to my next class, and we walked and talked. The entire time, he seemed really nervous and looked like he wanted to kiss me.

After our awkward pleasantries and small talk, I was saying goodbye; he pulled me back by my hand and said that he was still with whatserface (he really called her that). Great. I suggested that we could have a lovely platonic relationship and said 'bye and walked away. I haven't talked to him since.

Trying to convince myself that he isn't worth it because he'd probably just cheat on me too hasn't worked. I don't really care about that.

I don't know how I can get over him. It's especially hard, I think, because it isn't unrequited at all. He's still with her because he's not a total a**hole - lame, because it only makes me like him more. But I wouldn't want him to break up with her for me anyway, because I've figured out all the logical outcomes of that and none of them are good. The best course of action is for me to get over him, but I have no idea how. I've never had anyone to get over before.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know but your profile picture is kind of ugly