Help! I'm in love with my best friend, even though he has a girlfriend

So I met this guy a year ago and we hit it off instantly. We have the same sense of humor, same attitudes towards life, and a really intense sexual tension. We flirt a lot, but have never done anything beyond playful touching (strictly PG). When he's drunk he likes to hang all over me and he gets jealous when I have other dates.

Somewhere along the way, I fell for him. He's pretty much all I think about these days, even when I'm on dates with other guys. I think he's interested in me too (though he did use the "I don't want to hurt you" line, which is always concerning), but he's stuck in a relationship he can't/won't get out of.

His girlfriend moved across the country to be with him and they're living together. He says she makes him miserable and that he wants to break up, but that he feels like he's stuck because of the moving thing. He still goes on vacations with her, but he complains about her constantly.

I don't know what to do. Neither of us is willing to move forward while he has the girlfriend, but I don't know if I should wait or try to find someone else. I've never felt like this about a guy before, but I also know that in the past he was a major womanizer. Does he like me or am I being played?

01