Would snooping and/or close-monitoring of your activities make you more likely to cheat?

Detailed Scenario: Your significant other has been monitoring your every move (or at least attempting to do so). Or, you've found out that they've been snooping through your personal life (consistently). If you did not do anything to warrant this behavior, does this make you more likely to cheat on them?

Note: This question does NOT ask/address if you would actually go through with cheating (many wouldn't).
  • Yes
  • No

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Snooping wouldn't even make me consider cheating. In fact all a woman would have to do is ask to go through my phone, and computer and I would let her. I don't do anything that is worth hiding except when it comes to trying to surprise her.

However if she kept accusing me of cheating and starting fights about it, I would start to think that I might as well cheat, at least then I would deserve being yelled at. My last ex was real bad about accusing me of stuff I didn't do, and sometimes I thought about cheating, but I never actually wanted to cheat. I think that line of thinking was more about being angry and just thinking dark thoughts about hurting her back for all the stress she was putting me through.