Would snooping and/or close-monitoring of your activities make you more likely to cheat?

Detailed Scenario: Your significant other has been monitoring your every move (or at least attempting to do so). Or, you've found out that they've been snooping through your personal life (consistently). If you did not do anything to warrant this behavior, does this make you more likely to cheat on them?

Note: This question does NOT ask/address if you would actually go through with cheating (many wouldn't).
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Snooping wouldn't even make me consider cheating. In fact all a woman would have to do is ask to go through my phone, and computer and I would let her. I don't do anything that is worth hiding except when it comes to trying to surprise her.

However if she kept accusing me of cheating and starting fights about it, I would start to think that I might as well cheat, at least then I would deserve being yelled at. My last ex was real bad about accusing me of stuff I didn't do, and sometimes I thought about cheating, but I never actually wanted to cheat. I think that line of thinking was more about being angry and just thinking dark thoughts about hurting her back for all the stress she was putting me through.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Wouldn't make me more likely to cheat, but it'd certainly make me more likely to end the relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No. If that happened I would just dump him and then date someone more trusting. I need space and privacy. Nobody is allowed to breach that, even if they are my SO.

0|0
    0|0
  • No

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I would more likely get rid of him

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but it would make me more likely to break up with him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes