The reason which lead to cheating?

Due to human weakness or whatever reasons, some of us have cheated on our spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend. I very much like to know what are the reason(s) that lead to the cheating. Do you believe its cheating?

Ps : this is not a judgmental question to judge whether you are wrong or right. Just a curiosity to know what leads to cheating.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I cheated on my husband because he wasn't giving me any attention, mentally, physically or emotionally. I cheated with a man who gave me attention, even though it was only to get in my pants, it worked. I lost about 60 pounds at the time, I thought my husband would be all over me but he wasn't. Instead he was watching p*rn and jacking off, so I wanted to feel something even if it only lasted for the moment. It was great! Do I regret it? Yes and no, because it made me feel better about myself and it gave me something to look forward too. Me and my husband ended up separating for about 5 months and we both went crazy with other partners. We got back together about 5 months ago and things have been great! Would I cheat now? No because I have no complaints, would I in the future? I don't have a for sure answer...

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I really don't understand how or why people do it. I just could never bring myself to do it. I would break up with my boyfriend first. It's hard not judge but I don't really understand their minds so I don't know

0|1
    0|0
  • There is never a good reason for cheating. If you want some one else or are tired of your partner break it off first then go hook up with the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • people get bored easily :3

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's opportunity and greed, a lot of people will take something if it's there and they think they can get away with it. I worked in a job were almost every guy I worked with was cheating on his other half... why? Because their other halves were all hundreds of miles away so logically it would be a lot easier to hide it. I've ran into some right idiots doing it as well, there was a guy who caught chlamydia, and he was going home at the weekend and said he wasn't going to have sex until he had taken care of it so he'd lie about it if it came up, he came back on the Monday and said, she did come on to me, but I was in the mood for sex so I did it anyway.

Anywho he ended up giving her it, she found out and then he accused her of cheating even though he knew it was him that gave it to her. I mean some people I just do not get, best about it was that she seemed like an amazing girlfriend, she was attractive, she obviously cared for him and he was off cheating with complete butterfaces.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the biggest reasons are just selfishness and a lack of responsibility. If people are more responsible and caring to their partners and their relationships, there would be no cheating, no matter what. That's what I think. There is always a way out of any situation. Cheating shouldn't even be an officially recognized word.

0|0
    0|0
    • Disagree. There will always be self-centered scum bags, though the number of people might be less.

• Show All
    • Yes, but such people deserve to be alone, or with other scum bags so that they can cheat each other to the ends of the earth. So if you end up with one, you only have yourself to blame

• Whim of the moment? No. That's what I call irresponsibility

• Reasons I cheated: I wanted to make myself feel good, I was bored at times in the relationship and at certain times, particularly if you still have the rest of your life ahead of you-if a beautiful girl comes onto you, you are not going to turn it down. I do not regret the last reason for a second.

0|0
    0|0
    • wud you regret if your spouse /gf found out and makes "all hell break loose" ;)

• This thinking makes me not want to be in a relationship again.

• I haven't cheated or slept with anyone who was in a relationship. I'd rather just leave, so I'm not sure what is going through their minds.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was just turned down by my wife, I was weak, I became under the influence of alcohol. I had hoped my friend would have not seized upon my weakness..! Now I am devalued to; "Cheater" and lost what I enjoyed as a good friend.. Yes, it was my choice.. I understand..

But there has been no passion between my wife and myself for a quite a long time prior to this.

All and all, I GREATLY regret cheating!

0|0
    0|0
    • What did you do to try and reignite the passion with your wife?

• Show All
    • Almost sounds like it would be better to just pack up & call it quits instead of trying to mend something that was so weak to begin with. Course that's just my minimally informed opinion. Don't say you're doing it for the kids because that is NEVER a good reason for two unhappy people to stay unhappy together. They only end up raising unhappy kids. I know from experience.

• I know where you are coming from.. However, now that this has all blown out of the water, my wife says that she did love me...! I really care enough about her that I don't want to abandon her.. I feel terrible abandoning my "friend" who likely did fall in love with me. I feel certain that me abruptly ending that relationship in order to save my marriage has brought about permanent damage between us. Our marriage rebuild is estimated to be a two year process. We are both willing to try again.

Recommended myTakes