She rejected me, but now she wants me? Does this actually happen?

We were really close friends for a few years until I developed feelings. She was beginning to act real flirty too. However when I brought it up she told me she only saw me as a friend, I asked about her behavior and she became very defensive. We didn't talk for months after that. When we did start talking again it was strictly as friends. That went on for a month or so until we met up one night for a drink. She was all over me that night. When asked if we were a couple she even said yes and would stroke my leg or hold my hand. She brought up what happened a few months back and apologized. Said she just couldn't see me as anything but a friend at the time. Then she hugged me and said she loved me. We went back to my place that night, one thing led to another, and we ended up sleeping together.

I suppose her actions speak clearly but I thought the same way the first time through. I can't help but to question her actions. In my experience things like this usually don't happen, and if they do it's because the girl is feeling lonely and needs an outlet but that's it. Any opinions?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be that she was just rejected by someone and looked to you for reassurance that she was attractive..;that DOES happen. And you reassured her pretty thoroughly

And girls DO use 'friend' guys to make 'real' boyfriends jealous, that DOES happen as well. Even to the point of sleeping with them.

I'd also be a little suspicious of her motives here. As you say, usually once you're rejected, girls will never reconsider their decision.

And she out of the blue jumped into bed the first time she voiced any romantic feelings for you. Also, not the usual or 'normal' behavior. Usually such a big decision, and such a big change in her feelings, would be something that would happen gradually over time...

Not that there are strict rules about such things, of course. All I can say is, watch your back...