Does anyone else hate when people post everything on Facebook?

Perfect example. A friend of mine was going through a breakup. Sucks, I know (not really, his girlfriend was a complete bitch, and all of his friends, and their girlfriends hated her) but he went on fb status rants about it.

Posting every detail about how he blames himself and what he did wrong. Then he posts about being in le when they get back together, than posts about how awful being in love is when it doesn't work out 2 days later. Pretty much just a constant cycle of that stuff

Am I the only one who gets constantly annoyed by people who do this? Like, why share at with the public? There's no need

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really care that people post a lot on Facebook, it's more having to watch pathetic attempts to get laid and flirting over it... Like a girl will have a breakup and about 100 guys will like it and be all like aww sorry to hear that, we should meet up sometime blah blah blah. I'm sitting there just like oh f*** off, it's this lame ass attitude that is making these breakup statuses to begin with. Then of course you have people who never stop bitching about other people... they'll write a status saying someone is two faced and shouldn't be saying things behind their back, but they'll write it and not mention names essentially going against their own argument. But other than that, if I don't want to read it, I just won't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, which is why I am not an active user of it.

I figure if people want a journal ...then why not write in one.

People use social networking sites like it is their diary, giving out all of their information, and every single detail of their life.

I've even seen people speak about the low life activities they engage in only to get fired by their jobs.

Some people need to use common sense.

Some things are not meant for everyone's eyes and should be kept in secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..and I admit I used to do it...until I realized my friends were probably annoyed with me,so I don't post much anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember my mother telling me about her friend posting her giving birth on Facebook and Twitter... right down to posts like "Getting ready to push..." - things like that sicken me. People can't even enjoy life anymore without making sure everyone else knows about it. That's sad, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not so much annoyed, but feeling a bit awkward. Fb is for so many people to see, you should not display your innermost, this is only for real friends and family.

I think he's feeling terrible and he wants someone, anyone, reach out and help him and make it go away. Perhaps you should gently suggest to him not to do these things on fb, because everyone will remember, even if he wants to forget.

Generally: yes, I also agree. Especially public love declarations "to my most adorable xy" or personal success stories "yet another pay rise".

I have recently done a fb purge, where I unfriended a lot of people I never liked in the first place. Feels good, even after 3 weeks!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• It does get annoying after a while. I have a friend who likes to make many posts. The difference is that his posts are often really funny. They are not like "I just ate a hamburger at mcdonals, I'm back home, I'm this, I'm that" type of posts. They are usually joke phrases or funny stories that happened to him on that day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never grooved to the Facebook ethos. I quit it years ago, but keep an account because some people live by it and won't contact me any other way, for God knows what reason.

Do people think we WANT to know all that stuff?

1|0
    0|0
  • sure. people who feel like fb is their personal journal is annoying but then again I can just hide their posts so no biggie

but it is definitely annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people "want" to be noticed. They need to do it to boost their "worth" in the society. Unless the posts are private, who else would post their status if they really didn't want to catch attention?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. I haven't made a status update since June.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I know some people that post pretty intimate details of their lives on Facebook. I'm far more private than that personally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes