Why do cheating women always seem to "deserve" a second chance more than men?

You know what's funny to me ? I'll tell you.

Whenever I see a woman that says her husband cheated on her, she gets all these women answering her question telling her that her husband is a complete a$$hole and that she needs to divorce the pig. However, when it's the woman that cheats, then people suggest "counseling" to save the marriage.

It just seems to me that when a woman cheats she automatically should be given a chance. Anyone else feel like that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't consistently seen that response double standard, except of course from the feminists. Are you wasting your time talking with them? Of course THEY will never question this double standard, and in fact they'll defend it in every case.

Most people are fairly objecttve and would tell the guy to divorce the cheating wife just as quickly as they'd tell that to the innocent female partner...

0|1
    1|0
    • Hmm, well, I'm a feminist and I think it's terrible for anyone to cheat on a spouse or a partner. I've been cheated on and it was beyond devastating; it was very, very difficult for me to trust again. I've also had female friends who've cheated and I've ended friendships because of it. Women don't get a pass from me for that sh*t, no f***ing way. Just saying.

• Show All
    • Thanks for the best answer bro!

• Ur welcome homie

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Really? Maybe we live in a different place/country.In my country women aren't treated nicely.So cheating automatically make her as slut or cheap.Here men can cheat and no one really bash them harshly but women can't do the same.I guess it depends on the culture and the society.

0|2
    0|0
    • Where are you from...whats your country?

• My ancestor is from India but I was born in Malaysia.Here women are treated badly.

• Well welcome to America where cheating happens so much that it's now accepted by society

• Well, I don't know where the bleep you heard that bs, but in my eyes cheaters deserve nothing but other cheaters. Cheating is completely unacceptable and should not be tolerated by anyone who plans on maintaining a healthy self-esteem and a trusted relationship. Now, marriage is way more complicated because you have lawfully agreed to share your lives together; everything you own, your children, your income, your futures. So many married people feel more compelled to make things work because it's their life partner, not just some disposable person. Anyways...any woman who feels that way is a hypocrite. Point blank.

I've never been cheated on, but it would completely destroy the relationship for me. Trust and integrity are essential for me to function as myself in a relationship. If someone cheated on me, I'd always be skeptical of them, I'd never trust them again, and I'd probably resent them and be bitter towards them for a long ass time. I'd rather be single than be in a relationship like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Actually, people always attempt to justify men cheating.

When a man cheats, it's cause "it's in his DNA" or "men aren't meant to be monogamous" or "she didn't make him feel appreciated and desired"

When a woman cheats she's just labeled a cold hearted slut

3|1
    0|0
    • But you're totally fine with a spouse cheating as long as you know about it right?

• Interesting. No, I haven't notice that at all. I hate all cheaters/liars equally.

0|2
    0|0
  • If children are involved , and it was a "mistake" then give it a try, be it husband or wife. If an effort to make a family is made, then forgive and move forward to strengthen the relationship. If no children are involved, then once a cheater always a cheater. Better to just move on. Cheating is equally bad and hurtful regardless of whether it was the husband or wife.

0|2
    0|0
  • when you put it that way ..ye sexism exists..but I disagree..anyone who cheats on their spouse doesn't deserve them..they deserve a cheater too...

0|1
    0|0
  • Interesting. I thought it was men that was allowed to cheat and if woman did she's a slut straight away, although I don't think she is a slut for cheating. I think she's unhappy, if the guy cheats isn't it lack of sex or something?

I thought men see woman as more presious, and the thought of another man inside her would turn him straight off her, if a guy cheats I thought its more likely to accept it because men can have sex without any feelings towards the woman.

It's totally betrayal both ways of course, but I think depending on the situation id accept it if I loved him enough. And not to get in the same situation again.

0|2
    0|0
  • The power of the p**** is very powerful indeed.

1|2
    0|0
    • What about d*** power lol?

• The only reason I could think is women can be raped or taken advantage of more easily or tricked into having sex if they are weak emotionally but that isn't an excuse..

1|1
    0|0
    • Hmm makes sense to me too

• Well if you actually thought about it, it's harder for women to cheat. Women have the luxury of getting sex whenever we want, but that's hard if she's in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also a good point why is it than women can get it whenever they want but men (90% of the time) cant...so unfair;-(

• I understand where your coming from I myself notice I'm harsher on the men then on the females double standards? It's how it's always been tho, to debate this would for me would be a waste of time to many factors to consider hmm :-/

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I always found that quite weird myself. The worse is how people are more likely to tell a woman to lie and hide her cheating or that her cheating was justified and perfectly fine as long as she didn't do it again. Au contraire, from my personal experience women seem to be more forgiving to their cheating men. Men tend to be more strict and one strike your out about cheating.

Like WTF? Cheating is seriously one of the cruelest things you can do to your partner and you are just going to tell them to act like it was just a minor screw-up? Whether the double standard exists are not, cheating and covering it up or sugar coating it is never okay.

2|2
    0|0
    • I agree with you WHOLE-HEARTEDLY brother AMEN..I'm glad someone else sees my point:-)

• There is some truth to that maybe but regardless I believe most marriages should end if either partner breaks their vows. Anyone that lies to their partner in my mind is a pig and a liar. Marriage is a partnership that should withstand many obstacles but should not include disloyalty.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes