What machine or object can I make that moves a camera by itself?

I'm supposed to make a machine that moves a camera. I checked online and there's car robots that move around, but they look too confusing D: what can I make that's easy and that could move a camera around for a long time? While the machine moves the camera, the camera has to make a time lapse video. help please!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Funny that DanAG should say kite - I was thinking helium balloon.

Add one of those mini digital spy-cams off ebay (they're really small and cheap), some kind of timer mechanism, and a note with your contact details (so whoever finds it, can send it back to you) - then just let it go, like in a balloon race.

If you're really lucky, it could stay airborne for days, and travel many miles.

0|0
    0|0
    • ...Or do something similar with a floating camera - release it to float down a river or out to sea.

I was going to say put a mini camera in your shoe, to record your daily activity, but it occurs to me that you might get in trouble, as it would look like you were trying to get up-skirt pics - maybe a hat instead?

• take the top off and rc car and put a camera on it boom ten minutes and some tape/glue and your set unless it has to be autonomous does it?

0|0
    0|0
  • If you need to travel distance then just strap a camera to the roof of a remote control car. If you need to be able to move a camera up and down, side to side, and back and forth you can salvage some stepper motor from old printers and stuff like that at the junk yard. Then use 3 of them for an X, Y, and Z axis. Then build a simple stage with some rods and some pullies on a simple frame. Look at an open source 3D printer or CNC machine to get the idea. If you need it to spin in circles you can just put a stepper motor under a stage with the camera mounted on top of it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• How much do you have to spend?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes