Why do cheaters have a girlfriend or boyfriend if they want to cheat?

Recently I just found my best friend's bf,my cousin fiance and other people I know cheated on their S.O.

I don't want to get into their business but I feel bad for them and sick with these cheaters.Do they have issue with themselves? What is their purpose of life?

111

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two main types of cheaters: the serial cheater, who is just selfish and insecure and tries to fill the emptiness inside by having sex with others while in a relationship (often the thrill of "getting away with it" and the secrecy is part of the attraction), and the "circumstance cheater". The circumstance cheater cheats when their relationship isn't fulfilling them and isn't healthy, but either they can't or won't try to fix the relationship. Sometimes, their partner refuses to work on it, but they hold out hope that, with time, their partner will come around, but in the meantime, their needs aren't being met.

Most of your "I got drunk and it just happened" cheaters are in the second group, but a few are in the first group, and are just selfish.

IMO, the "circumstance cheater" MAY be forgiven IF they realize what they did, realize how hurt and disappointed they made their partner, and are genuinely repenting of their transgression. That's not always how it's going to go, of course.

A serial cheater should NEVER be forgiven, and generally cannot be "fixed" until they lose everything due to their cheating, hit rock bottom, and decide to change on their own.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE