Do you believe people when they say they never cheated or would never cheat?

because isn't it a pretty high statistic that people cheat on their love ones? so if you read all the 'have your/would you cheat" questions you would think everyone here is just the perfect saint.

i don't buy it though. do you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe people when they say they never have cheated, but I don't believe people when they say they never will. I don't expect the worst from people, but I recognise that sh*t happens and people do things they wouldn't normally.

I think in the right situation, most people may cheat, despite their high morals/values.

I think it's more believable to say, "I can't imagine ever cheating on someone" or something like that. But to say you never will is just unrealistic and unjustifiable.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I don't just automatically ...trust but I'm maybe naive because when I ask someone a question straight up and they give me a reply...then I usually do believe them. If I can tell that they are obviously lying then I don't believe them but ..I guess I could have gotten lied to before when I asked him had he ever cheated on anyone before.

It's maybe stupid...I think a lot of people say they haven't cheated but not getting physical with someone isn't everyone's definition of not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never cheated on anyone and have no plans to either. I know that's something people can lie about and probably have but I think there is more genuine people out there then one might think.

0|0
    0|0
  • The I haven't part I can believe but the I wouldn't part? Hmm? Not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes if I think they don't lie constantly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am one of those people who have never ever cheated and would never do so. My father cheated on my mother with other women causing hurtful divorce! I've seen my mom struggling back in those days just to stand up on her feet and be there for me as I was still really young back then. It was really heartbreaking looking back so that's why I would never cheat on anyone.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's just depressing always expecting the worst out of people. I've never cheated and I don't plan to either because I can imagine how devastated I'd be if it happened to me. I can't do to others what I wouldn't want done to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I know the person really well, I can usually tell if he/she is being honest or not. If it's someone I don't know well, or don't know at all, it's hard to tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems reasonable enough to me. That's my position, I feel it's healthy, so I assume there are other healthy people out there as well...

0|0
    0|0
  • If they look like a good person why not believe them?

0|0
    0|0
  • If they go out of their way to tell it to me then I am wary but otherwise why not? I can't go through my whole life thinking everyone is out to get me or is a liar.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes