What would you think if your ex girlfriend tells you this?

I broke up with my ex boyfriend and he got a new girlfriend. We dated for almost 4 years and now he's been dating his new girlfriend for 2 months. We were trying to workout during that time and he had begged me back during those months.At first it upset me that it happened but than I thought it was for the best. I don't want him back but it does bother me that he still comes around and hangs with my brother. I mean we were together for a long time and loved and cared about each other. He comes around regularly. Well we still talk as friends and we joke around. Well he was telling a story and he touched my arm. I told him "don't touch me" he said well damn. What do you think he thought when I said that?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably thought y'all were cool with each other to where he could touch you but you put him in his place rather harshly. Idk. If it bothers you that he's around put on a poker face when you have to see him but don't purposely hang around. Go out and make plans when he's around and hanging with your brother. I feel like the best way to act around an ex is a) being yourself--act the way you always have and b) conduct your life as though it doesn't matter that the ex is around, because it doesn't.

• It doesn't bother because we talkas friends. I just think that his girlfriend wouldn't like that. He cared about me a lot and I feel awkward that he thinks he can put his hands on me like that. The other time he slapped my leg and I told him not to do that. I don't know if it's because we did something that he feels he can just put his hands on me when he wants.

• I can understand that but he should know how his girlfriend is and she probably doesn't know and/or doesn't care. Like I said if he bothers you don't be around him. But if it's just the touching thing you just need to make it clear once and for all that you won't tolerate it.