Need help, my married boyfriend. How do I move on from this?

Long story short I was always told by my boyfriend that after his fiancé cheated on him they simply broke up and moved on. Turns out they had been married and he lied and told me he had never been married. I confronted him and he told me oh I was married but it was so short that it was annulled. Due to recent revelations I have found out that he was never divorced technically they are still legally married.

Everything about her cheating is true and I have proof. He couldn't afford a divorce and so they separated. Our entire relationship has been while he was legally married. I feel like it was all a sham like it doesn't count.

How do I move on from this. I love him and wish he could see how bad this hurts. Especially after we got into a big argument about how he would never marry me(meanwhile he's still married to the manipulative lying bitch from hell). Help

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I would probably treat this along the lines of 'once a cheater, always a cheater'. The fact that he did that at all is worrisome in the first place is bad enough. It's not making it any better by him casually shrugging it off, as if it's not a big deal.

Don't tell yourself that it's OK what he did, he couldn't afford it anyway, etc..

If he genuinely couldn't afford the divorce, that's fine. The least he could have done was to:

1) be honest with you and just let you know the situation when you guys got together

2) Not gotten involved with you or anyone else till he was no longer married.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Make him an ex boyfriend and go give his wife an apology card. Teach him a lesson

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Break up with the SOB. Lying about being married is a deal breaker is my book. In my opinion, the two most important qualities in a person are honesty and loyalty and he obviously lacks both of those. The only thing you need to move on from is this guy. You deserve much better than him!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am so sorry to read this and so sorry that you had to meet this lying idiot. He is no good, period. He deserves the cheating witch if you ask me - karma's a bitch, as they say. I know having this done to you is going to be painful and hard to get over - but I think there is no other real choice with these circumstances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break off with him and be firm of not going back

0|0
    0|0
  • well jsut be honest. the fact that he's married is from money problems right? so you know why he's still married.

0|0
    0|0
  • he lied about this...what else is he lying about? dump his sorry ass.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes