Girls, what tempts you to cheat?

If you have a boyfriend or husband, what causes you to be tempted (not always do it) to cheat or have a crush or just like someone else? Everyone gets tempted, so what caused temptation for you if it happened?

• Looks: If the other guy is better looking than your boyfriend or husband
    Vote A
  • If the other guy seems to listen and pay attention more with better personality
    Vote B
  • If you just get tired of the same guy and are excited by something new
    Vote C
  • I just want to see results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Interesting to see the results. For whatever weird reason, I attract girls who range from a decade younger to a decade and a half older who have relationships and get really flirty with me. The older ones will just come out and say they would have an affair, lol. When I ask why, I get a lot of the same answers about not feeling appreciated or listened to usually, or that I will actually talk with them and have convos they enjoy. I am not trying to do this at all, and it just seems to happen!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women cheat when they know they won't be judged or caught. Women also have different definitions of cheating. More women cheat than men, because women will often jump from one relationship to another. When they do this they don't consider it cheating and make excuses for it.

0|2
    3|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You're a man and one at that so generalizing the opposite sex is quite asinine.

• IT isn't generalizing Lafem. If you cheat you cheat, there is not one justifiable reason for it, read my comment above for more on that. Women will cheat, it has been seen happening often. A LOT! Yet women will try to justify cheating, at least with almost all men when they cheat they take responsibility for it and don't make excuses like "she wasn't satisfying me emotionally *sobsob*". or "the other made feel better". It is true, you can't deny it like you can't deny the color of blood is red.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 35

• I chose B. However, I would NEVER cheat. I can't even express just how wrong I think cheating is. But, if I did find someone else that I would be more attracted to than my (hypothetical) boyfriend, it would be because of B's traits. I would definitely break up with him before moving onto the other guy, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only time I ever got tempted (never acted on it) was when I wasn't happy in my relationship. My boyfriend was controlling and possessive and very emotionally abusive.

1|1
    0|1
  • Liking someone other than your significant other is inevitable. That's just how humans are. Girls and guys the same. Having a crush on someone is harmless, unless it's acted on.

I would assume most woman would go looking for another guy's attention because she is not being appreciated in the amount that she needs individually. Under appreciation is the cause of many unhappy feelings. Relationship, work or school related.

1|0
    0|1
  • I've never cheated and I never will. But I suppose that if I were to cheat, it would be because I was feeling neglected or abused by the guy I was with and for some reason actually couldn't get out of the relationship for one reason or another (like if breaking up would make me fear for my safety).

0|0
    0|0
  • If my boyfriend sucks (this is an all encompassing word) then I am drawn to other men, the easiest and most natural plan of action would be to dump him before I cheat.

I feel like this is most often why women cheat...especially emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not enough attention. Girls are emotional, if there is something lacking we want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. For example if you never tell your women she's beautiful and some other man does she will lean towards him cause he makes her feel pretty and given her that attention.

0|1
    0|1
  • If I'm neglected...unappreciated and wasn't getting what I need from a relationship the temptation would definitely be there. I have never cheated but if I found that my bf/husband was cheating I would cheat cause whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander...doesn't make it right but I would...it's only fair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I would say B. I said D because I was thinking "other" but then I thought about it and I would be tempted to cheat if I'm feeling neglected or unappreciated so I guess that falls under B.

0|0
    0|1
  • I haven't ever cheated, and never will. I would hate it if someone did it to me, and I treat people the way I want them to treat me. I can't understand cheating at all, if you don't want to be with a person, don't be with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only reason that would make me cheat is if someone cheated on me or the guy in the relationship has quit complimenting me or basically neglecting me and taking me for granted.

1|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't cheat. I'd make it clear I no longer wanted a relationship before starting a new one. And the reason I've ended relationships before was because I wasn't being treated right

0|0
    0|0
  • if I was pushed far enough if anything we'd break up

at times when I'm not getting what I want out of the relationship or I'm feeling under appreciated, I find myself thinking of some ex and maybe a little of what I felt for them and what they were willing to do for me

not because I'd take the opportunity or want to be with someone else, but I'd like my guy to be willing to do as much for me as id do for him. so it makes me question how much he really cares about me

reminding myself of all the wonderful things that he does do for me and how lucky I am brings me back to reality

i'm sure guys think about this too. love is about appreciation

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be tempted if I wasn't getting what I needed in a relationship, like time, attention, and support. I've never cheated before though.

0|0
    0|1
    • Interesting. You said you have never "cheated before". Are you doing so "now" or are you planning on doing so?

• No, I don't plan to do it. I currently don't have anyone to cheat on, haha. But seriously, no, I wouldn't. Don't read too much into the words.

• I would never cheat.. if I am unhappy with the person I would be open about it..

2|0
    0|0
  • its tempting when I'm having a hard time.like the relationship is going through a rough patch. then its tempting.

0|0
    0|1
  • I might be younger than you guy but one of the first reason why a woman would cheat might be because she is feeling neglected by the guy with whom she is having a relationship with..i mean a woman will be 100% faithful and full of respect to a guy only If he deserves it ,You should consider her as the woman you love or care for and give her importance.A woman would also cheat if she doubts about your sincerity and the most impotant you should have time for her...on the sexual side euhhh if you're not good in bed or not enough sensual to her she might find it elsewhere...hope it might help

0|0
    0|0
  • if things don't work out or if I don't get lots of attention

0|0
    0|0
  • if I with a guy, which means I like him, I will never do anything make him sad and cheat on him

0|0
    0|0
  • None. I remain faithful

2|1
    0|1
  • I never cheat and I never will.

2|1
    0|1
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 1

• The most chosen answer by girls, "If the other guy seems to listen and pay attention more with better personality"

I have seen to be very true among girls with BF's and Married women. When I worked alone in customer service, where there was not one with me, and a female customer came in a looked glum, mad, worried or anything. I would open up, seem like a friend, (which I was) and make them feel comfortable to talk. This lead at times to married women cheating on their husbands with me because their husbands would not take care of their needs at home or give them the time of day.

So I see that answer to be true.

0|0
    0|1
    • Home wrecker only if you are talking about the women. Nobody but you is responsible for the actions you take, so if a woman cheats she is the only one at fault and a whore.

• I wouldn't say I am only at fault. There were two people involved there, so both were at fault. Plus, I wouldn't same home wrecker. They never divorced their husbands or vise versa. As far as I know, they never told them, so how can one be a home wrecker if no home was wrecked? Plus, I did the job of their husbands to keep their wifes happy for a little bit, so I did more good than anything.

Recommended myTakes