How to deal with this break up?

I broke up with this guy about 2 months ago but I still am in so much pain from it. Let's call this guy A. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with A and now that he's gone I just feel so lost and hurt.

I've tried doing everything I can to get over him but it's not working. I tried doing new hobbies and spending my time with my friends but it still hurts so bad. Eventually, I end up thinking about him and crying. What else can I do to make the pain stop?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Keep living life, it will get easier each day. Someone else, lets call him guy B will walk into your life before you know it.

You broke up with him, yet you say he is the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him? Something must have been lacking in the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well actually I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and he said he wanted to also. He was really busy with working 2 jobs and college that he started lacking in the sex department. I told him to stop making sex feel like he's doing a chore and he just flipped out and said that he thinks we should break up because he didn't want to hurt me anymore because he was always busy.

• If he couldn't have a conversation about a problem in the relationship without going straight to we should breakup, then there was something festering under the surface. It's a very juvenile reaction to a problem. A partner should not have to make time for you, they should have time for you.

What Girls Said 1

• When you see your life with someone and they stop being there, you don't get over it in a couple of months. It took me a long time to get completely over a guy (as in: not feeling the need to hear from him anymore and actually moving on. Trust me, more than two months, a lot more). The beginning is the hardest. You feel like doing nothing but crying over him, looking at pictures together, hoping things will get better or he'll come back, ... After those moments you try looking at things in a different perspective, you notice you think about him less and less and that, maybe, another guy is out there for you.

The best thing is to give it time and still try to focus on other things in life. Don't force yourself though, if you feel like crying or thinking about him, please do. The more you try to push certain feelings away, the more they'll come back and hit you in the face.

So I'd just try to move on with my life, but not blocking him out completely. After a while, you'll notice you think about him less, don't cry over him that often anymore, he doesn't come up in many conversations, ...

Good luck :-)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes