I really need advice about getting back with my ex?

Ok so basically my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me completely out of the blue over a month ago. It was for a very stupid reason that could have been fixed. He said he was not always telling me how he felt because he thought I was too sensitive and didn't want to hurt me, and he was sick of bottling his feelings.

So anyway we are back together now after he asked me out this past weekend. He says he loves me so much and he just needed time to work things out and discover if I really am the one, and he says I am.

The only thing that is eating away at me is I found out he hooked up and tried to have sex with a friend. (they didn't have sex but they did everything else) We were broken up but we were still talking at the time and its a big deal to me because we both lost our virginity to each other. So him going after another girl is really hurtful and I keep imagining it. He said it was only once, it meant nothing, and it really helped him discover that I'm the one for him.

I love him to death but I feel so much doubt. Is it stupid to give him a second shot? I really want to but I am scared of getting hurt. I think time might help me feel secure again but for now I am terrified.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy is just being a guy. At least he didn't do it while you were in a relationship. I can certainly understand why its bothering you...but what's hurting you the most right now is your pride...and sometimes, in any relationship, you have to swallow your pride in order to make things work. That said, I also believe that most relationships where both involved lost their virginity to each other, and then never slept with anyone else ever...usually fail. Sex is a part of life and part of life is experiencing different things...different people...different sexual partners. I'm not saying its OK to be promiscuous or sleep with scores of people, but if you only experience one lover your entire life, you may be denying yourself one of life's great experiences...just my opinion...