Anyone here successfully moved to another country?

I plan on moving to Europe for some obvious and not so obvious reasons.. what's the process like? How did you plan beforehand? Any help is greatly appreciated!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Where in Europe makes a huge difference. Eastern or Western, Northern or Southern? Part of the EU or no? Already got a job? Skills? A local spouse?

0|0
    0|0
    • Probably Italy or London, I haven't decided yet. Also, I don't have a job (I'm a full time student this semester) but I'm taking next semester off for a handful of reasons. I should have a decent amount of money by next summer.

• Show All
    • Ok..can you give me a list of affordable places in Europe?

• It's relative, because it's all kind of spendy. Eastern Europe was cheap for a while, but I don't really know. Spain and Portugal might be OK. Greece might be dangerous, but it shiuld be cheaper than normal. The dollar is pretty weak these days, so it's hard. Verify cost of living with a local to be sure.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• i moved to new zealand t 16 and stayed with family for six months...my parents handled the whole process but it didn't seem tht hard todo...

0|0
    0|0
  • My cousin moved to Ireland from the US and said he's never coming back. He had to learn how to drive on the other side of the road and learn new terminology, but that's about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you know how much money he spent for the move there?

• Show All
    • He just went to a public house and asked if they needed any barbacks or bartenders or bouncers and he was hired. He went online and shopped around for places and put a deposit on a place over the phone.

• Alright. Thank you kindly :)

What Girls Said 2

• Not permanently, but I moved to America for about 7 months.

The process isn't as hard as it may seem. The most frustrating things are getting your visa sorted and finding accomodation. If you need a job, that can be a pain too. Other than that, and a bit of culture shock, it's all gravy :) Super exciting and the challenge is character building.

1|1
    0|0
  • you need to have money, time, be prepared for inconviniences and don't think everything will be like you think or how it is in your country

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes