What do you think is a legit reason to break up?

What are the things in a relationship that you would not accept, even if you loved them deadly?

Etc. like cheating, talking badly about you

I really wonder what other people value in a long lasting relationship!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I loved my ex boyfriend to death and still do in a distant sort of way. But I had to break up with him for a number of reasons that I just could not put up with long term.

1) His mood swings, he would get exceptionally moody over very minor things and tell me off constantly for things like I left a tea spoon on the kitchen surface

2)Insulting - His sense of humour was basically just making fun of me to the point of making me cry.

3) No loyalty- He kept in contact with his exes and would talk about them often, which is strange as he won't talk to me at all.

4) He acted as if he were ashamed of me - Would not invite me out with his friends or have pictures with me.

5) He belittled me.

6) He never wanted to go out, we only ever stayed in together.

7) He didn't seem to care about what I wanted in the future.

8) He was very very controlling.

Just a few as I said ha ha, but all things that I could no longer put up with. Don't get me wrong I do not regret one second I had with him, he helped me through a very bad time, and was very caring, and we had a lot of fun, but some times these things weren't built to last forever.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• IMO, two reasons:

Cheating

Hearing her yell at me for no reason. I allow her to yell at me and call me out when I'm saying OR doing anything wrong ONLY.

0|0
    0|0
  • Given that you "love them deadly" I think the only 2 reasons would be cheating or you just don't get along anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love covers a multitude of sins honey.

0|0
    0|0
  • Theres one, telling me that you love me yet like another one. In fact, i've experienced it :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a bitch

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Abuse and neglect.

I'm very, very, very big on honesty and openness so I cheating is actually a 0 tolerance thing for me at the core.

But I sort of think that it's the kind of thing that you never really know unless you're in that situation. Hope I never find out either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a very loyal person, so cheating is the biggest no for me. I'm the type that believes that eventhough everyone deserves a second chance, not when it comes to cheating. Once a cheater always a cheater. I won't let myself be hurt again. Trust is very important to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it very disturbing that almost everyone mentioned things that the OTHER PERSON could have done to cause them to break up. Personally, I think any personal reason is legit. I could want to break up because I feel unhappy about the relationship, because I do not see myself with this guy later down the road, because I don't trust the guy, because I realize I don't value the same things as the guy does. Stuff like that. To me, relationships last when the compatilibility lasts and the expectations are met. I decide whether that's the case of not, it doesn't have to be about something the other person did to me and didn't do, that's silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating

Dishonesty

Disrespect

Abuse

Lack of loyalty

Selfishness

0|0
    0|0
    • All of these, actually! I can deal with stupid fights or not seeing eye to eye on issues (political, etc.), but once they stop caring about the relationship or me, I'm gone.

Recommended myTakes