Should I give up and move on?

Last year this guy and I had a lot of misunderstandings going on because he refused to talk to me. We had a get together last week and discussed last year’s issues. He said he ignored me because he is really shy, doesn’t know how to start a conversation, and doesn’t know how to talk to girls. I thought moving forward would bring positive things since the get-together. I stand corrected.

Today he completely ignored me. I called him on it and unlike last year he responded and said that he was in a bad mood. Last year his bad mood (toward me) lasted for over 5 months. I fear this will happen again, and if it does I cannot put myself through that type of pain again. The pain isn’t really over him, it’s over his actions. I don’t understand why I cannot have a seemingly normal relationship with this guy. No matter how much I try to start a conversation, nothing ever seems to change, especially in the school environment.

Questions: Why is he like this? Is there anything else I can do? Should I just give up and move on?

10