How does being cheated on affect future relationships?

I've been talking to someone for almost 2 months now. Well I know from one of his friends he was cheated by his ex and they had a pretty nasty breakup, we never talked about it cause I don't want to pry.

Anyways we still haven't gone on a date or anything like that and I notice he's very guarded. And I'm thinking it's cause of him being cheated on :/
Forgot to mention I've never been cheated on so I don't know how that feels.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm not really sure , I'd think anyone who had been through that is going to trust people less until there really comfortable with them . I've been through some bad experiences with girls but haven't been cheated on when in an actual relationship , but generally after going through a bad experience you sort of feel bad about things for a little while until you meet someone new or focus on something else