Why would an "ex" act this way?

I Haven't seen my ex for about a year or longer. We have talked on the phone a few times but that's it. He has a new girlfriend and I know he does cause we have talked about it. Everything was fine last time we talked. We were laughing and joking around and nothing serious was discussed or brought up.

League night, our opponents team walked in and I turned around and there my ex was, walking in with the other team. We made eye contact brief and looked away. every time we were walking past each other or when I looked in his direction and seen him watching me, he always would look down. Towards the end of the night we talked a little bit but very brief. When we were talking and laughing it was like we would face each other and make eye contact and wanted to give each other a hug, but we both slowly turned away from each other and he would look down.

I don't understand why he would be this way. Is it possible he misses me or even still have feelings?

Any thoughts and opinions about this evening would be greatly appreciated.

10