Since we returned to the U.S., my husband got really whiny (in particular about women)

I'm hurt by that, obviusly

We met at home in the philippines and just recently moved back to his home near New Orleans.

I'm also with a child, so I'm not sure if it's him or me but I feel like since we moved here he complains about everything, the people, the food, the weather and in particular American women.

it's not so bad when he's alone, he just sometimes makes comments like "I wouldn't let my daughter go out like that", which he didn't at home. But when his friends are around it's all they ever talk about. I'm not even sure what they think the problem is, but they whine about how American women have nothing to offer and whatever.

First of all, just be a man about it. Second of all, does he not see things like that hurt me? I told him before and he said they were specifically talking about American or western women. But I'm still offended, because I don't see the big difference. If he didn't want to get married, he shouldn't have asked me.

Idk is this just the way to make conversation here? I realize it's a different culture, but it's driving me nuts, I don't know how to deal with it?

All his whinning also really turns me off, I just don't feel like having sex with him these days. That may be the hormones though?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk is this just the way to make conversation here?

In my opinion and observations it's the way guys make conversation around here as it seems female-bashing and misogyny is how most guys bond right after sexual objectification of gals.

Second of all, does he not see things like that hurt me?

He probably doesn't see this as in my opinion guys rarely think or care if they hurt their female partner and when they (finally) notice they say she's being overemotional, overreacting, or too sensitive.

That may be the hormones though?

Egh likely it's finding his behavior unpleasant thus being turned off by him as you don't want to have sex with someone you find unpleasant.

"But when his friends are around it's all they ever talk about. I'm not even sure what they think the problem is, but they whine about how American women have nothing to offer and whatever."

I find this normal behavior of American guys and guys in America they go on and on about their complaints about American gals the common being American gals have nothing to offer.

Yet it's amusing their outrage when gals say the same or similar about American guys then it's suddenly not "if American gals are becoming fed up with American guys there is a reason" which is the reverse logic that American guys use but that she picks out jerks/bad boys/a**holes and it's not guys but her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • @riptide88

Not I'm quite in touch.

In fact your comment even supports how in touch with reality I am.

You state "If American men are becoming fed up with American women there is a reason. Perhaps you should put yourself in our shoes for once and try to understand why instead of getting all bent out of shape about it. "

Yet when I voice 'negative' things about American guys it's "You are out of touch with reality".

• @QA

I find guys tend respond to America equalizing when it comes to gender equality to be guys being some downtrodden victims or the genders reversing...even though generally more guys are in powerful positions than gals.

• What's funny to me is how your hypocrisy/

Your first comment is "You are out of touch with reality." and you question how I can have a logical opinion...but that isn't " Using shaming and bashing techniques to try to turn the tide in your favor. "

Yet me stating perhaps I overestimated your intelligence to stick to the topic is suddenly me again using bashing and shaming techniques.

LMFAO @ this bs.