How do you keep moving forward when you can't find a job?

I have tried so hard, filling applications, going to interviews, searching everyday but nobody seems to want to hire me! I am going through some tough sh!t right now and I really need the job to move forward, it's just so tough.

Please give me some advice, tips, anything.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You just have to get lucky. People will say how's your experience or ask how much education you have or how you network, but it's all about getting a chance. I remember I attended a jobs training class and one day we had a couple of interviewers that work for a well known fortune 500 company came in to speak. The interviewers specifically told us that the interviewer has already decided whether to hire you or not from the very first moment they lay eyes on you . It's not fair tot he person being interviewed , but that's how it is. I personally think that resumes or applications with pictures of the applicants would be a great idea because it would stop shallow minded employers from wasting peoples time .

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• If you can't find a job - move. If you don't want to move, try harder. What are you bringing to the table that someone who has the same education cannot? What's setting you apart from anyone else? How will you, specifically, benefit a company from hiring you?

Sure, anyone can fill out an application, smile, go to interviews and think they deserve a job more than someone else. The fact of the matter is that you're not presenting yourself the proper way or networking properly.

1|0
    0|1
  • I went through a long period of unemployment , you sort of have to find other things to do with your time if you don't have a job like hobbies or activities to do to keep busy .

also might want to review what you've been doing so far and see if there is anything you could improve upon or fix that might be causing employers to not want to hire you . such as resume could have things on it that might be hurting chances or you might need to improve interview skills

1|0
    0|0
  • If you live in America, it will only get worse when Obama crap starts. But other then that, have you tried everywhere, if you need money, fast food joints are always hiring.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes