How do you break up with your guy without hard feelings?

we have been dating 1.5 years and I feel things are not going as quick as they should be in terms of aspirations/ careers.

I felt also that he chose to date me too soon after I broke up with my ex boyfriend and thus since he works with my ex boyfriend, it is a constant reminder of my past relationship. my parents don't like himwtih, that's besides the point. he likes me, he says he loves me constantly but I feel a drift building up. other guys have flirted with me and I haven't gone out with any of them. When I asked if he wanted to go out with other girls, he went quiet. We have had one broken engagement. I'm not sure exactly what I should do, he has said he doesn't want to lose me as a friend (that is inevitable if we do break up)...I have been avoiding his family dinners and get togethers which they invite me to every month. I just don't think he has the means right now to marry me since he doesn't have the right job or have a debt free status either, however he is very sweet and been there for me. what would you do?

11