Wish Ex-girlfriend a happy birthday, what do you think ?

I'm 25 and She is turning 25 next week, It was a LDR and She was moving to my country, She already had the tickets and everything just waiting for the day, She broke up with me not because of cheating nor anything like that, we were literally all day together in chat, videocalls, gaming as we both like games, always had lot of fun together, we watched movies together every night, You could actually be surprised of how many things you can do together even in a LDR if you want to you will find the way :), but I guess it was my mistake that I took her for granted and I was so overprotective with her, like if she got a cold I won't let her have cold drinks just to take care of her throat idk, I think I Cared too much about her and she maybe wanted more freedom. In the end She said she had a conversation with her family, her father didn't want her to move here, I don't know how did the conversation go, she didn't want to tell me and she said it was because she didnt' want to hurt me, I guess She had no Idea how much She was actually hurting me by breaking up our relationship, and the she said she wanted to follow this dream she has always had, the one She told me when we first meet and were just friends, Of course I did all the stupid things like beg her and everything because of course I didn't want to break up nor lose her, She said she wanted to be friends when she broke up with me, I still remember the day it was a video call and we were both crying =/ it was the first time I saw her crying..., anyways, the relationship lasted 5 months I know some people will say that's too fast for 5 months, but we connected so quick and things just happened without us looking for it, so I accepted to stay as her friend because I wanted her in my life you know, that night I just couldn't sleep and when I finally fell asleep I woke up at 4 pm next day picked up my phone and there were lots of Facebook messages from her asking where am I, as I was always there waiting for her to wake up, asking me if I am mad at her, saying this is not normal, you know those things like she was maybe regreting what she did, She slowly started to become cold and distant, one day She even asked me to only talk to her when She talks to me, it was hard but I did... man I did everything She asked me to, I think I became needy or something I just couldn't handle the Idea of losing her, She started ignoring me like 90% of the time untill one day She said She knows she is being cold and distant with me,and that She is not being herself with me, the fact that She doesn't says that She loves me doesn't mean She doesn't, and that I'm different and She wants me to be the first ex she is friends with, (as we both aren't friends with our exes) and that She is doing that because is trying to get over me... so I think that killed me and I just stopped trying to contact her, now is her birthday soon, and obviously I Still care...

I want to add: sorry for the long readjust wanted to give some info about the relationship and how the break-up and things after it went.

We haven't had contact in 3 months now, She never initiated the contact, I know she was hurting too after breaking things up, and needed her space and time to heal as she asked me for it, but always said she wanted to be friends, but now after these months I don't know if should I wish her a happy birthday or if are we even still friends...
Oh and if you are wondering why am I asking it, I'm not trying to get back with her, It's been 7 months since the break up and I would like some advice from girls if you were in my ex situation, would it make you happy, hurt you, give you trouble if you would be in a new relationship, I'm also asking because I don't know how will I feel if she just ignores it or gives me a reply, I don't wanna be hurt anymore, but I don't want to hurt her either =/, thanks for your replies.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget about her. I think she might be trying to let you down gently and maybe she doesn't plan o getting close to you again. Also when you see somebody online it's different in real life. My friend moved to the states with a boyfriend she met online and after a couple of months she moved back home because she was unhappy there. Very few people get what they expect with online relationships.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for your response, but I don't think I can forget about her I mean, I still remember everyone of my exes lol, even when, this girl just got really deep in my heart, with other exes I was already moving on after a little time and never ever wondered " should I wish her a happy birthday? " I just didn't care, but it's different with this one. still, I appreciate you took time to reply, thank you !