How would the kid version of you and your lover treat each other?

I believe the kid in all of us is still there even to this day , so it got me thinking.

Lets say hypothetically the kid version of yourself, lets say age 6 -8 years old version of you and your boyfriend/girlfriend were to meet each other and you two never met each other before, how would you two act?

Example: As a kid, I was very big on being nice and smiling a lot, so for the most part I was very friendly and knowing my girlfriend, she is kind of the same but more playful, I think we would of been good friends as kids.

If you don't have lover at the moment use your ex or your current crush, How would you two act if you two met?
  • We would be friends.
    Vote A
  • We would pick on / tease each other occasionally.
    Vote B
  • We wouldn't get along at all.
    Vote C
  • One of us would bully on the other.
    Vote D
  • We wouldn't talk to each other.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I apparently knew my boyfriend when I was 8 years old . We apparently were on the same swim team and swam in the same lane as each other for two years (four seasons) and did we ever talk? No.

He was "popular" and I was more or less there just because I liked swimming. I was horribly shy as a child. Like, at a birthday party I would be that kid who sat in the corner and hid behind her knees :p

I'm sure if I'd have ever come out of my shell as a child he and I would have been great friends but I never did. It wasn't until I was 14 when I actually started making friends outside of family members.

I met him again when I was a teenager and we were immediate friends. I'm 20 now and we've been dating for two years. It kind of makes me sad to think that he and I could have been great friends at age 8 but I'm guessing if we had been friends so young we never would have ended up dating.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Well I actually did know my boyfriend when we were that age. Lol He really annoyed me back then so we didn't really talk much or get along all that well.

We didn't even start talking more and really getting to know each other until 8th grade, and by then we were older and had changed since we were that young. We began dating in 9th grade:)

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha, probably the same way we treated each other in high school, when we met. He's an idiot and annoying as fudge (which I love about him, haha), and at first we only started hanging out because I was the only person nice enough to put up with him. :P So if we met as kids, I would say he would be super obnoxious and tease me constantly. And I would pretend I hated him but I'd secretly like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • The boys around 7 or 8, would always pick on me. So of course I did it back. But, I never thought much of it thinking they're just stupid boys. Then one day my friend was like ooh stop playing footsie under the table, and I'm like what's that?

So I would have to go with B

0|1
    0|0
  • We would most likely tease each other. Which is no different than how we are today as adults lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol, I've actually thought about this before. And I don't know. I think we would have gotten along. But then again, I'm not sure. I liked to stay inside, and he was very outdoorsy and adventurous as a little kid.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be no different than how we are. We'd be friends and we'd also probably pick on each other. Also, both of us would be into playing pokemon and lego.

0|0
    0|0
  • basically the same. I learnt most of what I know now about relating to others by age 12. minus the contempt, id probably be kinder and more patient.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol I was in the 5th grade with my current boyfriend. I disliked him so much I thought he was loud and had too much energy

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably wouldn't talk to each other.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Heck me and her still act like children. which why she drives me crazy, she'll stick her tongue out, and give me an evil eye glare I'll run her down a poke her to make her laugh, she'll yell stop I'll back off and she'll immediately run in for more.. Couldn't be happier, too bad I can't call her my lover, just the girl my heart desires too bad she hasn't noticed I'm here yet and stopped looking in the wrong places.

0|1
    0|0
  • We are both athletic and love to go new places. We aren't that sociable, and don't tolerate fools easily...

I bet we'd have been bf/gf, even at that age. Everyone would have giggled at us and said we were destined to be together. We'd have made a tree house...

I had a girlfriend at that age, but haven't seen her in 25 years...!

We used to race each other all the time, we were the two fstest kids in our area.

Great question, Phoenix

0|1
    0|0
  • This is a very interesting question, and I have enjoyed reading the responses from others. Personally, I ignored all girls at that age, so I don't think it would have been any different had I known exes back then. High school may have been different.

0|1
    0|0
  • We wouldn't talk. The concept of even holding such a thing as a relationship with a female didn't even cross my mind until I was 15. I'd be studying instead.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha... We are married and 8 years apart. So I suppose I would be seeing her in diapers.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes