Is it time to break up?

Basically my boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 6 months. I feel like I love him, but honestly the thought of breaking up with him right now makes me feel happy and relieved. I don't know why, because we don't really fight a lot. Lately we have been more distant than usual, and for the past week he keeps begging me not to break up with him and acting really hysterical. Pretty much anytime that I feel upset, he starts crying and begging me not to leave him.

It doesn't help that I'm PMSing, but last night he sent me on an emotional rollercoaster. We said goodnight for the evening, and I started to check my emails before bed (as I usually do, it just took me a few minutes longer this time). He got on Skype and basically was accusing me of lying. I think he was accusing me of cheating. He said we've been rocky lately so he thinks maybe I'm getting "consolation" from somewhere else. This upset me that 1.) I have trust issues, yet I've grown to trust him 100%, and he claims, and still claims to trust me 100%, but he obviously doesn't. 2.) He thinks I'm like every other girl and would just cheat on him. I don't feel special to him anymore. Especially with how emotional he keeps acting, I feel like he's just desperate to cling onto someone, not that he wants to be with me.

Our relationship doesn't feel fun anymore, and it almost feels like a chore. It breaks my heart that I'm making him cry and act hysterical, but it upsets me because he keeps texting and calling while he's at work. I keep telling him we'll talk about it after work, and he's just hysterical. I don't know what to do at this point.

I love him, but something is telling me it's best to break up. I feel bad though, because I don't want to make him cry. Is it time to break up? And if so, what would be the best way to handle it? If not, how should we go about repairing our relationship?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• "[The] thought of breaking up with him right now makes me feel happy and relieved."

"I feel like he's just desperate to cling onto someone, not that he wants to be with me."

"Our relationship doesn't feel fun anymore, and it almost feels like a chore."

"Something is telling me it's best to break up."

This relationship ended quite some time ago; the official parting of ways is just a formality at this point.