Is really interested in me?

So I have been dating a guy for a couple of weeks now. We have both come out of a relationship, so it is very new and fresh. I was trying to get out of the relationship that I was in and he was really supportive. He even told me that he has liked me for a long time now, but considering we were both in relationships, he waited till I was available to tell me how he felt. He even said that he would treat me like a queen, with the up-most respect and care.

Since we got together, he has called me his girlfriend and introduced me to his friends. The problem I have is that, he had broken off with his girlfriend about a month ago and I had broke it up a couple of days because being with him. For me, this was no rebound as I didn't love my ex boyfriend.

Anyway, with this new guy, we have only slept together once, but my main issue is that I feel as though he is resisting and avoiding getting intimate and close with me. I find that he rarely messages and calls ever. at least to ask how my day is and how I'm doing. I don't want to have to keep messaging him to ask how he is. When I do see him, which is quite often, he'll kiss me and hug me, but as of getting close, passionate and intimate, it's never there.

I'm not sure if it is because he's still hurting from his break up (even though he broke up with her), or he just wants to take things slow (EXTRA SLOW). I don't mind going slow, but it was his idea to be in a relationship and right now, I'm not feeling like his girlfriend. I never get to actually spend quality time with him, even though I see him a fair bit. I feel like I'm meeting his friends a lot. I mean, wouldn't he want to get to know me. It just doesn't seem like a person who has liked me for the past year.

I know I should be patient and see where it goes. I'd like to feel a bit more spark and for him to show a bit more affection. I'm not fussed that we haven't had sex since then, but I'd like him to kiss me more and show a bit more enthusiasm.

He even said he needed time for him to get his life back on track and I asked him well did you need space from me and he said no. I'm not sure what to do...

What do you guys think?

10