Is it okay to stay with a woman that cheats on you?

If you're with a woman and the relationship is great, and you're very happy together, is it okay to stay with her even though she's being unfaithful?

• Yes as long as you are happy.
    Vote A
  • Yes it's okay when women cheat.
    Vote B
  • No it's never okay to cheat.
    Vote C
  • Only if you cheat on her also.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I would never do it, and it will never be OK imo, but if you're happy and you have forgiven her, then I can't see the problem :-) don't worry about what others think!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Its truly depends on the situation, why it occurred, how does she feel, and how do you feel about it.

Is she worth it, are you forgiving enough.

And what's your opinion on Is it okay to stay with a man that cheats on a woman?

(I'm sure you wrote it like this because it happened to you or a friend, but you should really think about it both ways, and then make up your mind)

0|1
    0|0
    • I think it's fine for a couple to stay together after one of them cheats either way. It's odd because most couples I know that's the case, one of them if not both have cheated before. It just seems odd everyone always says no cheating ever or that's it, but it doesn't seem to work that way in real life.

• Well if you're fine with it and can look past it then it's okay to stay with her. I mean, if it's what you want then I can't see how it's not okay. It's just not okay if the cheating is done in secret. But if the truth is out and regardless of that you want to stay then go for it

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I mean, it's really his choice. I personally think it's an awful idea to be in a relationship where one partner is unfaithful but if he knows she's unfaithful and he doesn't seem to care then I guess it's okay. It's his choice. If he's okay with being faithful to an unfaithful woman then that's his choice to do so.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she's being unfaithful, then you aren't happy together. You're happy to be with her, but she's obviously not satisfied with her side of the relationship, which is why she's cheating to begin with. So to answer your question, I'd have to say no. This obviously isn't a healthy relationship for either of you.

0|2
    0|0
  • I picked C because I don't think it's okay to cheat. But if you're happy to stay with her while she's doing it then that's your choice and that's okay. Personally I'd be out the door faster than you can say "whore."

1|0
    0|0
  • C. its never OK to cheat imo, its disrespectful to the other person and shows that they don't truly love you or care about your feelings

if you're happy to be a doormat then that's your choice

0|1
    0|0
  • If she stops being unfaithful, yes.

I only say that because if she is cheating, then the relationship is not happy. If she was happy, she would be being unfaithful.

In the end though, it is your decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • Believe me, women that cheat are never happy in the relationship.

You might be happy with her, but she's obviously unhappy.

It's just easier to look for something else until they find something stable else where before they leave.

It's how it's been with every girl I've ever hung out with.

You're something stable for her to fall back into, once she finds something elsewhere, it's done.

0|0
    0|0
  • C: No it's never okay to cheat.

i will not be able to forgive a guy for being unfaithful to me ..even if we do share gd times together, once that trust is broken, it can never go back to the past.

0|1
    0|1
  • how can you say you are happy together,if they are cheating they are obviously not as happy

1|0
    0|1
  • Personally, if someone cheats on you, that's not because the relationship is great and you're very happy together... If someone cheats, it's because they either miss something, want something more, different, ...

I think if someone cheats, something is off in the relationship. But if the couple works on it and find out the reason why she cheated, work on that and work on trusting each other again, ... I think it could work.

It's knowing when to work on it and when to give up.

But I don't agree with "it's okay when women cheat", it's not okay to cheat...and sorry but D, seriously? I'll stab you in the back but hey, if you do it too it's okay... No go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose. If you're happy together, that's all that counts. If you can live with your partner being unfaithful, then I guess it's "ok".

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're willing to risk losing her for good and not being able to trust hr and stuff like that then go ahead and stay with her, its your choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it okay? Sure. It's your choice

I wouldn't do it though

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess, but I feel she should have consequences

0|0
    0|1
    • What would the consequences be? I'm just curious.

• Depends on the situation but just feeling some of the pain she caused him and realizing she betrayed the relationship

• Hell NO! What if she brings you back an STD?

Also if she's cheating that means she's not that in to you. Regardless of what she SAYS. Actions speak louder than words...

Good Luck!

1|2
    0|0
  • It's up to you, not us. Everyone's different and every situation is different.

Only you can decide if you're happy and you trust her enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is up to you. I could never be really happy in a relationship with someone who cheats. Our relationship would not be great, it would be on the rocks and end.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Been there, done that.

She cheated again and again and then again.

Others may do it only once.

The important is knowing WHY she did it. That one did it when she was under influence.

I'm lucky she was "just a date". (a blond with beautiful face and titties!)

But is exclusivity that important? I don't know, different persons, different sensibilities, I suppose.

It didn't affect me a lot: I just said "I hope you had fun doing it." and shrugged, helped her pay the abortion.

By then I knew I wouldn't stay with her or marry but I didn't want to dump her either. She must have known that.

Finally she met a guy who wanted to marry her and got her pregnant asap. Her first son got the name of her first lover.

I went to their marriage, bought a present. They had three kids. Did she cheat on him too? IDK.

a few years ago I read she married. Thus that guy is dead or divorced her. I'm curious but don't care enough to call her.

You won't hear me complaining about her. It's long ago now, she was one in a row. Most didn't cheat.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is sharing a vajajay with another guy or a wiener with another girl really such a drama? Should it be a drama? I don't know it yet. Come back in another 20 yrs, maybe I'll know it in 2033.

• I voted D, but what I really meant is, if you're happy and don't need monogamy, make it an open marriage and enjoy life together. Its not right for everyone, its probably not right for -most- people, but if its right for a couple, great.

2|1
    0|0
  • no man, I've never been on a date or in a relationship, but if I was and the girl cheated on me, I would toss her the hell out of my life. even if it meant being alone forever. it's better to be alone than with someone who doesn't want you fully. it's like trying to get in shape and putting in all the effort and quitting after you have reached the desired fitness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then you could cheat too, but rather than that, why not create an open relationship. That way neither of you are cheating?

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell No. Once a cheater always a cheater. And what good is a relationship no matter how happy you are if she's just gonna cheat on you? Wake up man.

1|0
    0|1
  • No no no no no no!

3|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't stay, but it's your choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don;t have any illusions about what the relationship is. Think of it as f*** buddies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most women cheat. If you find someone else it will be a matter of same thing different day.

0|0
    3|1
  • No... F***no... Mother of christ no. A woman that cheats once will always cheat again and never respect you ever again. A woman who cheats is a godless filthy whore and you need to get the hell away from her, preferably stone her, but anything works. Run, get your friends and run too if they are in this situation

0|0
    1|1
  • If you are okay with it, then it is okay. Some people are okay with open relationships, or go swinging. What is and is not okay in a relationship depends on the individuals. What works for one couple may not work for another couple. However if it continues to hurt you to know you can't trust her, then it is not okay. You need to be in a relationship where you are happy, and not plagued by trust issues.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes