Is it wrong to get mad at couples who cheat on each other and are a complete joke?

So my roommate had cheated on her boyfriend with over 5 guys. I never say anything. Tonight she ditched me and we got in a fight. She comes home with her boyfriend and doesn't acknowledge me because of the fight. Her boyfriend hates me and tells her what a terrible person I am and how jealous of their relationship I am. I freaked out and he sided with her and told me I'm crazy. What do I do?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• livid, adj.

F-You for cheating on me. F-you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand.

Who came up with the term cheating, anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he'd gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

F-you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned."

David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary

. . . .yeah, so cheaters piss me off like nothing else.