Guys would you get so upset about hurting a girl if you didn't still feel something for her?

Myself and a guy who used to like me when I was seeing someone started hanging out again a few weeks after I broke up with my ex. I liked him when I first met him but was trying to make my relationship with my longterm ex work.

After we hung out a bit I thought that maybe something was going to happen between us as things seemed to be going that way. But then he revealed that he is seeing someone else (a mutual friend of ours). Which is fair enough, we never actually dated or hooked up and I didn't expect him to wait for me whilst I was dating my ex.

The thing is he was visibly distraught (no exaggeration) when he told me he was seeing someone and according to some of our friends was freaking out about hurting me, before he told me.

So what I am asking is? Why is he so upset?

Does he still have feelings for me?

I don't want him to feel bad. How can I assure him I'm ok?

What Guys Said 1

• Most guys who genuinely like their girlfriend but decide to break up for some reason, usually do still feel some regret or sorrow for breaking up with them. On the other end of the spectrum, if the guy never truly felt for his girlfriend then he most likely wouldn't care whether or not he hurt her by breaking up.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section.

Have a great day :)

What Girls Said 0