How much cheating is "okay" for a guy to do?

Probably just by reading the title many of you got upset. Sorry about that lol. But seriously.

(Unfortunately) today's society allow guys to flirt (or do more) with other girls even if he is taken. But what do you think, how much is okay to do? Is kissing or sex once a month acceptable? Or is even flirting too much? What do you think?

I would also be interested how much other guys HONESTLY have cheated.
Updates:
I just found some interesting poll here:

link

Apparently nor girls or guys are as honest as you'd expect..
I see you guys are against cheating, and that's right. But what would you call the border or cheating and not cheating?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, no cheating is acceptable. Here's the deal- if you agree to be in an exclusive relationship, then you both make that choice. If you still want to sleep with or even fool around with other women, then don't say you're going to be part of a monogamous relationship in the first place. It's pretty simple. If your needs aren't being met by the relationship, you owe it to the other person to tell them that, straight up. Maybe you can work it out, maybe you can't, but it's a whole lot classier to just admit you need more than betray their trust and disrespect them by cheating.

For me, the "cheating" line tends to be when your relationship takes a sexual turn, either physically, visually, or verbally. The occasional flirtation is natural enough- provided it's not ALL the time and it's kept on a pg level. And you're going to look, looking to me is fine, it's totally human. There are of course more complicated gray areas, but those are my general rules of thumb.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Cheating means that the person you're with believes you are being faithful while you're not. Hence, the person who cheats is being dishonest. I guess that's the main problem and that's why it's not OK, in my opinion.

I believe some flirting can be harmless and can boost self-esteem, but cheating... I don't like that.

Once trust is broken, it's hard to mend.

0|0
    0|0
  • not even once is OK in my book - for girls or guys

kissing or more is cheating

going behind someones back to emotionally cheat by hanging out with them alone way too much in a girlfriend boyfriend kinda way and lying about what youve been doing and with whom, cuddling, flirting texts - telling someone else theyre hot and they want to f*** them or they love them or theyve always wanted to be with them instead of me, sexting etc

0|0
    0|0
  • None allowed whatsoever. If that's the way they want it, they shouldn't get themselves into relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • as much as it is OK for your girl.. Otherwise your just an entitled and chauvinist pig.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Hahaha no, if you cheat no matter what, you are a scumbag.

You could end he relationship, but you choose to directly disrespect the person

and cheat on them.

It is not okay for anyone to do, regardless of gender.

2|1
    0|0
  • As much as we vilify the cheaters, lets not forget that sometimes a little on the side is a necessary evil. For example, if you're in a high stress job, you have kids, and your wife refuses to have sex more than once a month or less, getting some sex outside of the marriage in order to preserve one's sanity and avoid a divorce for the sake of the child can totally be justified.

0|0
    2|1
  • Kissing and beyond is cheating. Lying about what you're doing with somebody else is cheating. Keeping a secret girl on the side is cheating.

2|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is cheating... It's a zero-tolerance policy.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think humans are meant to be polygomaous, not monagomous, but if you have entered into a social contract stipulating otherwise (dating exclusively or marriage whatever) then cheating is never OK makes you disrespectful and a liar (even though I do believe it is human nature) that being said flirting is in the eye of the beholder, for some guys and girls they are just "naturally" flirtatious. they don't realize that things like talking close too or putting hand on the others arm would be constituted as flirting but the partner can feel that it is. At that point it comes down to each relationship and what boundaries they feel need to be set up about that sort of thing

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as you want. Forget what others think...get them before they get you

0|0
    3|1

Recommended myTakes