How do I move from a friendship to a relationship?

When in comes to women, my problem isn't meeting them. I'm an outgoing and friendly person who is comfortable interacting with women. Becoming friends with a girl is not much of a problem for me. However, the problem I do have, is getting girls to be my girlfriend.

Now I'm not totally inept. I know the basics of flirting, and dating, and I've had my fair share of GF's. I can usually play along just fine if the girl sort of initiates things and makes it pretty obvious she's into me. The problem though is most girls aren't going to make any strong moves. They are going to wait for me to keep things moving. This is why most if not all of my GF's sort of made the first move.

So far I pretty much revert to the old "I want to take you out to dinner", sort of thing. However, I'm not sure this is really working, especially with the younger crowd. Plus, beyond that I'm sort of stuck. Again, if the girls isn't completely 100% playing along so to speak. I lose all confidence and don't know what to do.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think you should be worrying this much cause you have already had several successes in relationships before , plus if you consider your self goodlooking or attractive then don't worry at all

• Yeah but if you actually look at my success vs attempted percentage its not that great. It's like of every 50girls I meet, one of them is actually interested in having a relationship with me. At the same time, I see guys who have no where near my "dating resume" but pretty pretty much almost never single because a much higher percentage of women they meet are interested in dating them. This makes me think I'm missing something. Maybe I just don't know how to escalate unless she does it for me.