We broke up because of trust issues/too much stress. I want him back, what should I do?

My boyfriend and I broke up about 4 weeks ago. We got in this huge argument because he thought I didn't trust him. I admit that I was being overly jealous at the time because he has so many female friends and he talks to them on a regular basis. Also he sort of used to be a bit of a player. Anyways I was his longest relationship (about a year) and we really did love each other. I also lost my v-card to him. Also when we broke up he was really stressing about school (he has very bad grades), wrestling coming up, and the fact that we weren't seeing each other enough. When we were breaking up he told me that he still loved me and that if its meant to be we will be together in the future. Also he really wanted to stay friends. I have texted him here and there during the 4 weeks of our break up but he never texted first and he mostly stopped replying during the conversation. I still am in contact with his mom too she always texts me to ask if I'm okay and tells me that he misses me and still cares and to "give it time" what does that mean? Like not talking to him or just waiting it out? I want him back because he's my best friend and the boy I love. Also it ended so abruptly so it feels like it isn't over. What should I do? I don't have much going on in my life so I have way too much time to think about him and over analyze everything. I just need some advice.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You've gotta work on your trust issues before you attempt to get him back or the actual problem will not go away.

0|0
    0|0
    • How does one work on trust issues...?

• That's what I've been tryin to work on for ages. I guess the only way is to simply let go of all the hangups and trust him until he proves he can't be trusted.

What Girls Said 2

• you have to trust your gut in this case, he can use your jealousy as an excuse but the fact is , you don't trust him because something in your gut is giving you that reason...if he broke it off is because you are on to him,guys don't like it when womens intuition kicks in..he is still a player or he would have fought for you and not ran from u

0|0
    0|0
  • Also remember that too much stress literally causes the brain to temporarily freeze and shut down.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes