Why do guys contact girls after a break up or a long break?

So I am wondering about this behavior. This probably is the single most confusing male behavior for me.

Guys, almost always contact me again after a break up or a break. Regardless of the nature of relationship.Be it friends with benefits , dating, exclusively dating, etc., etc.,

Why do you guys do this? Is because you are desperate? Genuinely missed her? looked around and didn't find anyone better? Seriously what gives? and what do you hope to accomplish by contacting the girl?

The nature of the contact can be random or a romantic attempt.
That just it .. The content and the nature could be anything from random or romantic. What I want to know is why guys do this? Is it common or I just happen to encounter this situation more often than the rest?

Thank you

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally it has always been about sex. Trying to rekindle the actual relationship has never been on my mind, but I never told them that.

I always made sure that the break ups were done without any screaming or fighting. Only one was a bad one, but she was bipolar and off her meds at the time.

Most turned me down, but the few that didn't were great in bed and it was to our mutual benefit.