I have no luck. How do I appeal to girls my own age?

My ex and I had a mutual breakup the day before our one year, and I haven't been much on the dating scene. This was 11 months ago, and while I enjoy the freedom, I can get lonely sometimes. I'm not some Mr. Sexopants, in fact I have an oath of pre-marital celibacy. I want a slow paced, romantic relationship. Nothing over the top romantic, buta slow relationship where I can get to really know her. In the case with my ex, I enjoyed spending time with her. Just being in her presence was enough to make me happy. But she wanted more, which I couldn't give. So I told her she needed someone who could make her happy. I don't want to continue that pattern. Are any girls 16-19 interested in that kind of relationship? I can't tell. I've been flirted with a couple times, but only by girls who like me, but not for me. I always see girls, and more than once a girl I'm interested in gravitate toward the alpha-male jock douche bags with testosterone overload. Am I going to be lonely thrOugh my senior year and college,or is there going to be someone for me? I mean, I made the base ball and field hockey teams, only to try and get *female interest*'s attention... but she went for *cough cough* thing with his muscles *cough cough* the team captain. I'm attractive, but girls my age see only that. I refuse to date someone way younger or way older than me. But how do I appeal to girls my own age without using my looks? Because that's all they seem to see.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Have more of a confident vibe when you're out and about because I can even sense a lack of confidence which is a turn off. And, it won't be like this forever because high school is such a small portion of your whole life. COLLEGE is fun. its great. So many types of girls with different personalities and interests. That is when you should really go out and explore what type of girl you like and make the mistakes

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the advice. I took a class on improving self-confidence and since then have found a girl I'm very happy with.