Ever taken revenge on your ex?

The question says it all. Have you people ever taken revenge on an ex who cheated you or dumped you? It can be in a small way, or something really devastating. And suppose you did, then did you regret it later, or did you feel that he/she deserved whatever you did?

In my case, I only dated once, which means I only had one girlfriend. She cheated on me, so I took revenge on her by saying some 'stuff' about her to her new boyfriend (which were true facts, and not made up) and backing up my claims with proof, which made him promptly dump her (no, they weren't sex tapes or anything similar). This was over 4 years ago, when I was 23 (now I'm 27), but to this day, I regret it. I always believed that I was a principled man, but this cowardly act proved that I'm no better than her. This fact still hurts my conscience, to this day.

Anyway, do post your experiences, because I'm sure they'll all be interesting!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Never have, probably never will. I can drop someone out of my life in a heartbeat and not feel a void at all. I have been wronged on a few occasions but I don't think I care enough about most people to do anything, I find that I pity them.

"This was over 4 years ago, when I was 23 (now I'm 27), but to this day, I regret it. I always believed that I was a principled man, but this cowardly act proved that I'm no better than her. This fact still hurts my conscience, to this day."

That is so interesting to me. I read it over a few times. I can't remember ever hearing that someone regretting seeking vengeance upon someone.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Its uncommon, but I do know a few instances where people have regretted their actions regarding revenge. Having maintained a squeaky clean image all my life, and being known as a person who 'forgives and forgets' even very nasty things, this particular act of mine, which I did when I had a bout of emotions, is like a permanent botch on my otherwise clean personality. That's the reason I regret doing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• well she cheated on me an left an forgot to take some of her stuff, got drunk one night an smashed her cable box, which costed her about $1200, threw it in the trash an watched the garbage truck pick it up. box actually belongs to the cable company so they phoned her up looking for it an money lol I don't regret it. she phoned me looking for it I just told her the cable company took it

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow, that's a good one, and quite funny too!

• ya, was quite therapeutic actually

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Oh yeah. Only once did I get revenge on an ex who was a player. I taped some of our colorful conversations and played them back at the radio station I worked at a few weeks after I broke up with him. He couldn't get a date in town for a long time after that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't have a spiteful...vengeful bone in my body. I just don't think it makes sense to cause someone else pain. Regardless of what they have done. I mean I got cheated on, I cheated, I also got my heart broken, and broken some hearts along the way. Through it all, I don't think I can ever replace them. Each person has something good that the others don't have. Each of them will always have a special place and fond memory. My thing is...how can I hate someone I used to love and used do good by me? people make mistakes .. When it ends, it doesn't take away the past moments. Even if it ended horribly. I mean what ends greatly? I try to forgive and move on. I don't take it personally if things don't work out..

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I thought long and hard after I was cheated on about embarrassing her about it because I knew she was scared of what others thought about her. I ended up deciding against it though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes