Is there anyone else who was not able to like "Breaking Bad"? Why?

I really wanted to watch, follow and like the show because you read everywhere that it is the best TV show ever. But I just could not watch it beyond episode one 1/2. I find the people so boring and old fashioned. The production makes it feel like an 80s show.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, I'm surprised to see this considering how much crap people give me for not caring for the show, haha! I watched ALL of the first season, to give it a chance. While I didn't think the show was awful or anything, I just didn't understand what was so special about it. And like the others have mentioned, it was so incredibly unbelievable (which usually isn't an issue except it's a show that is SUPPOSED to be realistic). I had no desire to continue watching, it was actually a chore for me to watch as much as I did, but I kept thinking, "It'll get better, there has to be a reason it's so popular!" Haha!

I feel the same way about "The Walking Dead". Love all things zombielicious, could not get into that show.

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So glad to read this. Thank you. I did not like WD because I just don't like zombie movies at all. I manage to watch vampire shows though; provided there is eye candy *wink*.

• Show All
    • Did you watch Moonlight? I loved it. It was so sad they took it off after one season.

• No, I've never heard of that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Breaking Bad is terrible. I never got into it. I never tried watching it when it was on, but now it's on Netflix. I tried to watch the first couple of episodes, and had to turn it off. It was totally overhyped.

I felt like I was the only person who didn't watch the show!

1|0
    3|0
    • Well my friend... and then, there were two ! :)

And I watch ALL serial shows on Netflix.

• LOL, a down vote. Someone can't take a criticism of Breaking Bad. Haters gon' hate.

I watch a lot of shows on Netflix as well. I'm glad Netflix Canada is now offering more selection. Not as much as the US but they're getting there.

• Come on guys... What's with the down vote? I only use it when something is offensive or outright ridiculous. Don't down vote just because someone is answering a question differently than you.

Same with the down votes to martyfellow below.

• There aren't many TV shows out there that have managed to depict a psychological transformation of a person as well as the one of Walter White in Breaking Bad, let alone with such brilliant acting. And there also aren't many TV shows out there that has such incredible writing as Breaking Bad. The only other show that comes to my mind is The Sopranos.

0|1
    0|0
    • the wire from what I hear is on that level too but never saw it... yeah the psychological development of all the characters is pretty awesome (walter, Skylar, Hank) it really takes you on a rollar coaster through these people's lives

• I've heard that too about The Wire, sooner or later I'll check it out and find out myslef.

• I think Breaking Bad is pretty awesome. The second and third episodes are a little boring but after that things started getting interesting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Breaking bad was awesome. Maybe you didn't watch it enough.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• The first few episodes were believable; after that, it was science fiction for years. Hollywood rides the horse into the ground every time.

1|0
    4|1
    • I don't know about science fiction but just to unbeliveable. Seems like a lot disagree with you?

• I hope you meant to say "guys". Hehe..

• Or perhaps, I'm missing a point. :)

• when I watched it the first few times when it was actually on I found it to be pretty unbearable

but watched it again starting in September and enthralled. I think the production looking old fashioned is intentional since it takes place in New Mexico which is kind of an old fashioned place to an extent...also in the desert you do get that washed out effect. I also think the first few episodes are kind of slow. The show definitely isn't for everyone. It's sort of cinema verite in which it is slow in development (as it happens in relatively real time), focuses on character development, some structural cinematography, and doesn't really use any hollywood gimmicks.

I can understand not liking the show (there are more than a few shows that were extremely popular that I just didn't give a sh*t about) but perhaps try to get through the first season as it does pick up

1|0
    0|0
    • Good point about New Mexico. H

Oh I saw the first 15 minutes of season one ep one four times. Just could not go beyond that point. Then I forced myself till into the 2nd. Failed again.

• I thought it was okay, better than most shows, but not as great as everyone thought it to be. I preferred Dexter. I thought it was much better and deserved the praised rather than Breaking Bad.

0|0
    1|0
  • I never find TV all that interesting. BB was no different.

1|0
    1|0
  • I've never watched it, the theme and plot doesn't interest me one bit, drugs? No thanks.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes