I can't help it but really want to talk to my ex again?

we were never officially in a relationship but we dated for a year and had very strong feelings for each other and he was in the military. we broke things off about 7 months ago on good mutual terms and so that's why I haven't been able to get over him. we had a great bond but just bad timing. we have talked a little since then but we have been in the middle of taking a break. he said that we would never lose our friendship and said he is open to a possibility for us in the future but not to wait for him. I have tried talking to some other guys but they all did stuff or was a certain way that just really turned me off. I know I'm not wrong for wanting to talk to him but I don't want to initiate it. I still feel the same way about him as I did back then. I'm an introvert so no matter what I do I can't stop thinking about him; I think a lot.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Get back to together with him! You guys seem to want each other but yea.. timing. He's in the military, so what? Staying with him while he's in the military will show him that you want to be with him. Being a girlfriend, fiance, or wife to someone in the military is hard. He'll see you want to do everything to be with him.

• Thanks for the support! =) as much as I would love to be with him and give us a chance, its not really my call. He's the type that gets very invested in a relationship and he's not sure he can handle one rite now. And it would be my first relationship, which would be difficult being long distance and his line of work. Its complicated =/ I mostly just want him to be in my life again