How long should you stay single after a break up?

How long should you stay single after a break up? Should you wait more if the relationship was a long one?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally it's not so much time as it is how you are emotionally. If you're still lurking on his Facebook, comparing every guy you meet to him, or trying to make him jealous, now is definitely not the time. If you're clear of all of those, then go ahead and start something with someone new. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm still doing all of that lol ...

• I've been exactly where you are girly. It takes a long time sometimes. I even tried a rebound, but that only made things worse. Just give yourself time to sort out your emotions.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on where you're at in life and what you want. Sure, longer relationships may take longer to get over, but you may also want time alone to evaluate yourself and figure out what you want in life. It can be really nice to live life how you want without considering a partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you need, so long as you actually are moving on. There's no set time frame.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no set time period. When ever you are no longer in emotional pain and can meet someone new without thinking they aren't as good as your ex.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You should take all the time you need. Whether it takes you a week to get over someone, or a couple months, or even a year or more.. whenever you're ready to start dating again depends on yourself, the previous relationship you had, and even how that relationship ended. Some people move on quickly and others take a bit more time.. everyone's different and you should just act based on your own feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • a month tbh

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes