Girlfriend cheated and wants to be friends with the guy

a couple months back my girlfriend of 6.5 years cheated on me with a older married guy while they were at work. we were both 24 and he was 37. she came home one day and broke into tears and told me she had cheated on me. later that week she said she didn't have any remorse and that she did it because she knew she could get away with it. she because told me details of what happened exactly what they did (it was at work). she went through a period of deciding whether she wanted to stay with me and that she hasn't been happy for years. she decided to stay with me and everything seemed to be going OK. there was the bump where he had told people at work and she hated him. today she asked me if I had an issue with them being friends (this being on a wake of him getting a divorce I don't know if that has any relevance) he gave her a gift and apologized. I have no idea what to think of this whole situation its very hard I have given up a lot and we live together. any advice?

2817

Most Helpful Girl

• Say bye..Why? well she wouldn't have cheated if she cared. I understand sometimes people do it and can take someone back( I cant) but she doesn't have any resppect for how you feel. Sounds like she is hapy screwing with your head. you tried it didn't work out. The words I haven't been happy in years is key! I sai those words to my ex not out of anger but I thought it was time because I knew we were not right for one another. he was so hurt but I knew in my hearts of hearts that I wasn't happy. I can tell you those are some of the hardest words to come out of my mouth and I would NEVER have said them in anger. She doesn't care about how you feel. She just says whatever she can to hurt you. 6 1/2 years is a long time yes and I'm sorry but do you really want to be that guy who is sitting at home wondering what she is doing or when she gets mad at you stabbing you with hurtful words that are unneccsarry. That's not love. everyone deserves to be in a relationship with soomeone who loves them as much as you love them. it just doesn't sound like she does I'm sorry don't take that wrong but she sounds like she needs time to grow up she isn't a kid she is 24. I'm 21 and wouldn't do the things she is doing to anyone. I really hope you do what makes you happy in the end just don't stay becasue you have been together along time I understand if you love her trust me but no one deserves to be treated like that! By the way my ex recently texted me and said thank you so much for telling me you were unhappy. I might not have known it but I wasn't eithier he is also now married with a brand new baby and extremly happy. he is on my Facebook. Him and his wife look extremly happy and you can see it in there eyes I also found someone who makes me extremly happy. I reccomend just letting her go so you can find that happiness