Do you retaliate against people who hurt you even if it's unintentional?

I've noticed a lot of my friends do this and recently my boyfriend did it. If I do something accidentally to them they will do it back to me on purpose.

They don't take the time to see why I did what I did, they just do it back. The thought of them wanting to intentionally hurt me when I did it to them by accident kind of hurts and seems a bit petty and immature...

My last situation of this occurring was not replying to a text because I was asleep and replying to it in the morning and my boyfriend ignored it all day and didn't reply even though we've talked every day since we got together. (I don't care about the text part, it just makes me sad that he wanted to hurt me on purpose...)

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to know more. for one thing, what did you do in the first place that hurt him?

there a difference between forgetting to feed the fish vs cheating on him. some things are best dropped...others demand vengence.

• Lol I didn't reply to his text while I was sleeping!

• I wish that's what we had now! Cell phones and texting cause so much unnecessary drama! I don't care about not hearing from him, what worries me was how he was potentially punishing/retaliating against me because I didn't reply which is concerning if we're going to be together...

• cant help ya, I can't even get a woman to give me her number, or call me