Do you retaliate against people who hurt you even if it's unintentional?

I've noticed a lot of my friends do this and recently my boyfriend did it. If I do something accidentally to them they will do it back to me on purpose.

They don't take the time to see why I did what I did, they just do it back. The thought of them wanting to intentionally hurt me when I did it to them by accident kind of hurts and seems a bit petty and immature...

My last situation of this occurring was not replying to a text because I was asleep and replying to it in the morning and my boyfriend ignored it all day and didn't reply even though we've talked every day since we got together. (I don't care about the text part, it just makes me sad that he wanted to hurt me on purpose...)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to know more. for one thing, what did you do in the first place that hurt him?

there a difference between forgetting to feed the fish vs cheating on him. some things are best dropped...others demand vengence.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol I didn't reply to his text while I was sleeping!

• Show All
    • I wish that's what we had now! Cell phones and texting cause so much unnecessary drama! I don't care about not hearing from him, what worries me was how he was potentially punishing/retaliating against me because I didn't reply which is concerning if we're going to be together...

• cant help ya, I can't even get a woman to give me her number, or call me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No I don't do that. I did like getting revenge when I was younger. I'm pretty far past that at this past in my life. I really don't dwell. I don't want to waste energy with that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its a natural feeling we all have when our feelings get hurt. Heck, it was an ugly war during my parents divorce. So glad that's over and they re-married

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I sometimes act like your boyfriend (like how he acted on the text message issue), maybe they just want to make you feel how they felt when you have done it to them even if it is unintentional. So you will also know how it feels and be cautious next time and avoid doing it again.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's a deal breaker for me - he's intentionally hurting me for something I accidentally did. It's impossible that I could have texted him back in my sleep so there was no possible other action I could have taken to avoid hurting him. If you're sending texts after 10:30 you should consider the person sleeping is a possibility...

• Show All
    • I will :) We will be having the "deal breaker" chat now.

• does your boyfriend knwo you spend all your time on here asking people for a play by play on how to date?

• FUCKIGN BITCH BIT H BITHC BHICTHC BHTICH BHTICH TIGH CIASDFLKAJSDFLKAJSDF

0|0
    0|0
  • get a lief you're waaaay too obssessed with your boyfriend. ever consider that oyu might have ocd? it would explain the 8000 expert points.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol you're that ridiculous woman who can't take responsibility for things aren't you ;)

Get a life, stop being a bitch and don't hide behind anonymity !

• hahahaha, bitch you're a moron. 9000 points. missus.

Recommended myTakes