Should I move on from him?

Me and one of my closest guy friends have been knowning each other for about a year now, and we have been friends with benefits for as long as I can remember, (and no he's not using me and I'm not using him because we put our friendship first over everything... we have strong trust, feel comfortable to be 100% ourselves around each other, and tell/do things we wouldn't do in front of most othr ppl) but part of me wants to take it further and make a relationship out of it. There have been more than a few times where we talked about that, but at the end of the day he only questions himself if he made the right decision or not. I already can tell he's not into full on commitment, but I feel like something different might happen in the future.Should I just move on?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm kinda in the same situation, but only for two and a half months.

The thing is that you're not available. You're standing still in your life, and as long as you're in this situation, you probably won't run into anyone else.

I'd think it's best to 1) turn this into a real relationship, 2) break up and move on, 3) keep the "situation" going but actively look for an other, more stable partner.

Honestly: I think "friends with benefits" is BS. If there's sex involved, you're more than friends. Maybe you're not lovers or partners, but you're certainly not just friends.

Funny/tragic story: There was this girl. I really loved her, and I believe the feeling was mutual. We had keys to each others appartment, and we practically lived togheter. Thing is: she had a been into this "friendship with benefits" story for 9 (!) years with some guy before. And after a while I received a text message out of the blue: He saw that we were very happy and he couldn't have it. So he put her on an ultimatum. She couldn't give him up. She couldn't let go of all their mutual friends and everything they've done together during all those years. And now they're in a childish relationship (obviously they have zero experience with real relationships) with constant fighting. Objectively, she's way worse of with this guy, but subjectively, she can't have a life without him.

• Thank you that was very helpful