Why many women blame the other women for 'stealing' their bf/husband?

I have noticed that whenever a woman cheat in a relationship,the man often blame their girlfriend or maybe himself for some reasons.You don't see many guys attack the other guys to defend his cheating girlfriend.

However Its totally different for women.Most of the time the other girl will be blamed or attacked.I am a woman myself and I always think if my boyfriend didn't give the respond how can the cheating case happened? What is your though about this?

76

Most Helpful Girl

• We live in a society that stereotypes men as always wanting sex, having difficulty controlling their sexual urges, etc. On the other hand, women are stereotyped as having less interest in sex.

This leads to people viewing women in the "gatekeeper" role of sex. Men always want sex, and its women's role to either give or deny sex. Women who do a "poor job" at "gatekeeping" are shamed (i.e. women who have sex "too freely" are called sluts).

So, when a woman cheats on her boyfriend, its her fault.

If a man cheats with another woman, its the other woman's fault because you can't blame the poor guy for wanting sex and being weak-willed, it was the woman's job to say no. Instead, she "tempted" him and thus, she's a "slut" and "homewrecker".

Of course, this is bullsh*t. If you make a promise of monogamy to your partner, its your job to keep that promise. Sure, its pretty sh*tty for someone to have sex with someone else, knowing they are in a relationship, but its ultimately your partner's job to remain faithful, as they are the one who made the promise to be faithful.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • nice one!

• "If a man cheats with another woman, its the other woman's fault", bullsh*t. Men are the one's who are expected to blame the other man first of all and to get violent even. Women are expected to react by crying over it or looking for rebound sex with another man (someone who "deserves" them).