Do some young guys move out of their parents house at the age of 18 and live in their own house?

Whats the youngest of age do you know of or heard about guys who have bought a place of his own. Which is him living by himself so young.

I'm asking cause it seems like most young girls when they reach 18, they alreadly leave the nest and buy their own house, well what about guys that age or at least him at the age of 19, 20, 21, 22, or 23?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think someone who is 31 should move out of their parents house. You can do it. I believe in you.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Everybody lifestyle and background of what they been through during their past life is different from others.

• Show All
    • My life is my own. While I certainly listen to my parents advice. They don't make decisions for me.

If I meet a 31 year old guy that lives with his parents, if I like him I'm going to go out with him. I bought my own house last year. I believe in you.

• But do you think your parents would still think you're dating a 31 year old loser?

Also would you love to add me as a friend?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not a guy but I moved out on my own and bought a house at 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think teenagers should stay at home for as long as they can in order to save up enough money to properly afford a place of their own without struggling. Of course there's always reasons why teenagers can't live at home, but ideally.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only knew one guy that did that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Who is he?

• I don't think you know him personally but he was a high school friend.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah people here do it all the time, honestly I think it's a bad move... Sure independence sounds great, but most of them can't afford to do what they're doing and some of them don't even have a job. I'm 23, I had a decent job and I'd have struggled to pay for a mortgage so I'm back at home. Even when I get another job it'll be a while before I can afford a deposit and a safe amount of money to cover say losing my job.

1|1
    0|0
    • Do you think even young girls struggle to pay the mortgage, living by herself?

• My take is that it would be very challenging to be able to rent (very close to impossible to buy) your own place at the age of 18. I don't think a bank would co-sign on the lease for purchasing. For renting, if you were 18 years old, unless you were very wealthy, I would imagine you would need your parents to co-sign on a lease.

I'm interested to see if anyone on GAG moved out on their own when they were 18 years old...if so, how did it go? What was the most challenging part?

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think it's even challenging for girls to live in their own place at the age of 18?

• Nope. I would rather live at home or live in a dorm. Even then I would only get an apartment.

0|0
    0|1
    • Guys would have a better reputation if they had their own place. It's sad that the male gender gets talk down on in society.

• Well, I really don't care what people think that much. I would rather save money and get my education instead of owning and maintaining a house. When I graduate with my degree and start off making $60 grand a year, then I'll worry about a house.

• Yeah your thinking smart, it's just that these days too many man boys rely on someone to take care of them, but I don't blame you. Good things happen to those who wait for it, as long as your working hard to achieve your dreams I'm sure you'll succeed.

• I moved out at age 17, traveled and rented for decades, then settled and bought a home just five years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I moved out when I was 17. I bought some property in another state when I was 24. It was not until 3 years later I could afford to build a home on it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Where did you live at the age of 17?

• An apt by myself. I finished high school at night and made bagels all day

Recommended myTakes